Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

06 burban blower issue

Search this Thread

Old December 31st, 2013, 9:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 burban blower issue

Hey guys. I have a '06 suburban and while driving home last night in the -10 weather I heard a pop or snap from near the pass. dash area and the front blower fan stopped working. It's has the auto climate, I have power from truck to blower module and I can read power to the blower, blower itself read a circuit but won't work. I measured power to the motor while adjusting fan speeds on digital display and it stayed at 12volts no change and fan not on? Also the rear fan works but no heat now just fan and everything was working perfectly until the snap/pop noise. Very cold ride today! Everywhere I read points to the blower module but it always talks of burned wires and such mine all look fine. Anyone know what could be wrong or what to test? Was gonna try the blower module tonight but the auto parts store sent me home with the resistor style part mine needs the module and it's triple the price haha, of course. Just seeing if anyone has an idea before I buy blower module tomorrow. Thanks, Kenny
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

you had 12 volts at the blower motor but do you have grd? The resistor assembly may control the speeds by varying the resistance on the grd side.

provide a grd to the motor and see if it works.

if you end up needing a blower resistor buy a replacement resistor connector as well and splice it in as per the tsb #05-01-38-012C.
Old January 1st, 2014, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checking the Voltage across the resistor bank is unreliable, it will read 12vdc at any point. It takes a load on a given resistor to make a speed change.