Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

06 Suburban , no sound through DVD help

Old January 21st, 2011, 1:40 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

You can check the IR emitter in the DVD player (and any other device e.g. TV remotes) w/ a digital camera. There should be a white flare when it's emitting.
Old December 20th, 2012, 7:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just bought an 07 suburban and headsets work work ... the red lights on the dvd player are lighting up . .. where is the IR emitter located ?is it in the radio itself and how does the digital camera trick work exactly
Old June 13th, 2013, 8:17 PM
CF Beginner

Can you guys help me a little, my family just recently bought a 2006 Chevy Suburban, and it was used, and were trying to figure out the DVD system. I wanted to know if the driver and passenger can listen to music or the radio while the other passengers watch a movie, we have wired headphones, and it wouldn't let use do both, so we are considering buying wireless, but will it still not let us do both at the same time?? I NEED to know this, because we are going on a trip in 1 week !! :/
Old June 13th, 2013, 8:28 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I know you can listen to do different sources on the new ones and I believe you can on the older version with wireless headphones. I think the owners manual would tell you if you can do that or not.

Last edited by 73shark; June 13th, 2013 at 8:32 PM.
Old May 29th, 2014, 6:59 PM
CF Beginner

This thread sounds like a problem I am currently experiencing with my 2007 Suburban. I have the dual DVDs in the headrests and just got some new headphones for the kids. I'm getting some feedback in the left channel. You mentioned to check the wiring for a short or a grounding issue. Where would I look for that?
Old December 17th, 2014, 9:58 PM
CF Beginner

What did you end up doing to get the sound through the speakers?
Old December 18th, 2014, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

I ended up getting new headphones - which helped. However I still have slight feedback on the left side. Additionally - now the drivers side head unit stopped showing images even thought the screen is on. I'm guessing the video cable is bad or disconnected somewhere but I haven't figured it out yet.
Old February 24th, 2015, 7:56 PM
CF Beginner

Smile Bad IR Transmitter (control module) in 11' LTZ Suburban

For anyone having trouble getting sound out of their wireless headphones and you have tried everything from changing the channels as well as the batteries and your still not getting sound, then more than likely it is the IR Transmitter (Control Module) in you roof mounted console. Another way of knowing is the IR lights don't light up or only half of them are lit I such as in my case.

I scratched my head time and time again and also took it to a Chevrolet dealer as well as two audio places and they had no answers for me. I finally thought of a buddy of mine whom owns an audio store in my home town and he got the schematic and found that it could only be the IR Transmitter (control module) that sends signals to your headphones, so I went ahead and bought one from the local Chevrolet dealer.

I pulled down the console, switched out the IR Transmitter (control module) and hooray.......it's working once again. All the little red lights came on and I instantly got signals through my headphones.
Old March 29th, 2015, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default BAD IR transmitter

Cheevo, I saw your post and I am having the same issue in a 2008 Yukon. Can you tell me where the transmitter goes and how much do they cost. I assume you got it at a dealership?
Old July 26th, 2015, 7:45 AM
CF Beginner

Hi
I recently bought a Tahoe 03 and the last owner did a poor job installing a ouku android head unit. They have cut away the original harness and tried to twin and tape the wires together

This resulting in that the steering wheel controls, overhead DVD player and rear seat audio control unit is not working any more

I now soldered the wires i know what are doing, but i´m clueless to my other problems..

PPL-purple this wire must be the Rear seat audio enable signal..
I´m sure that this is the reason the RSA is not working.
But what is the signal? can i just connect it to the IGN ?? or is it waiting for a pre-sett voltage?
Originally Posted by in2pro
Rear Seat Audio (RSA)

--An ignition cycle also causes the rear audio to default to the OFF state.
How do i turn it on?

There is 4 wires coming from the right side when looking in the empty socket when the head unit is removed..
Brown/white
Black/white
Grn/white
and a bear wire
I suppose this is the wires form the RSE Overhead DVD player..
but when i connect them there is only static..?? what am i doing wrong?

And the last problem with the steering wheel controls:
I thought that the org wire 0.35 was the right wire to connect to the K1 wire on the head unit.. but no... nothing happens

The internet tells me that the right wire should carry around 5v but the org 0.35 is only around 0.5 ???

I´m lost now and feel like i have tried everything..
Please can somebody help a tired norwegian out

Thanks
Gorm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 Suburban , no sound through DVD help