Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Nav part # confirmation...is it compatible?

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2007, 9:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Nav part # confirmation...is it compatible?

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is a dup post...but I've been looking for a while on ebay trying to find a decent price on the 07 Nav for my tahoe...found a good price on one and the part # is 15940102 (which i noticed is different than the one listed on the sticky). Please let me know asap if possible, auction doesn't have much time left and I've arranged a BIN with the seller...thanks in advance!
Old May 14th, 2007, 1:33 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: 07 Nav part # confirmation...is it compatible?

I was wondering the same thing. Most of the ones im seeing on ebay are that exaxt part number. But the part numbers you guys have been posting on here as far as compatability goes are different. Whats the deal
Old May 14th, 2007, 7:09 PM
CF Active Member

How is your tahoe equipped? Does it have the bose option and rear dvd?
Old May 14th, 2007, 7:47 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, 15940102 is the newer verison of the Nav unit which is compatible with the 07 tahoes. This is the one with DVD playback so it willplaydvd movieswith the Factory Rear seat entertainment system or just by itself. I installed a used unit myself with a aftermarket screen and after i got it unlocked at the dealer, it works great
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:36 PM
CF Junior Member

thanks for the replies guys...i actually bought the unit off ebay today and also spend the better part of the day contacting local dealerships to ask about using the tech 2 to get it reprogrammed. Much to my surprise (laying the sarcasm on thick here), the local dealership got very confused when I was trying to ask about swapping out my cd player for the factory nav unit...even when i read off the instructions directly from the sticky post that went into as much detail as needed. They were saying something about you may need to know the previous VIN number the unit was in beforehand, this is the first I had heard of this after reading pretty much everything on here about it. Those of you that have had it reprogrammed w/ tech 2 at your dealerships, what all did you have to go through to get it done, and just making sure it should only cost 1 hour of labor at most correct?
Old May 15th, 2007, 2:04 AM
CF Active Member

From what I have heard it should cost around 70 dollars. Some people say they only paid for 1/2 an hour of laber but it just depends on the dealership. You shouldn't have to have the previous VIN number, just the part number ending in 102. Does your tahoe have rear DVD?
Old May 15th, 2007, 12:42 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It cost me 85.00. Thats for one hour of labor but i believe it only takes about 15 minutes. Install the Nav unit, gps antenna, VSS wire, onstar interface per the instructions on this forum. You will see Theft Lock on the screen. Now go to your dealer. When I told them I needed to program the nav unit, the service department raised a few eyebrows and that they maynot be able to to that. I left the tahoe with them and told them to call me if they had anyquestions. i gave them instructions that I typed up telling the tech which Nav unit part number was installed, and the VSS, Gps, and onstar interface was installed.
It said something like this

The Nav Part Number #15940102 has been installed
Navigation GPS antenna has been installed
VSS and Onstar wiring harness installed

Please choose the following using the TECH2 program.

Remove Theftlock
rear back-up camera (UVC)
Entertainment System (U42)
With Bose, Without (Y91)

After about a hour, they called me back and said everything works and its ready to be picked up. I would have them select the options i mentioned because if you ever add a rear camera later on or a factory or aftermarket screen, you dont have to go back to the dealer and pay them again to unlock those options. I hope this helps
Old October 17th, 2007, 6:47 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: rruelas

It cost me 85.00. Thats for one hour of labor but i believe it only takes about 15 minutes. Install the Nav unit, gps antenna, VSS wire, onstar interface per the instructions on this forum. You will see Theft Lock on the screen. Now go to your dealer. When I told them I needed to program the nav unit, the service department raised a few eyebrows and that they maynot be able to to that. I left the tahoe with them and told them to call me if they had anyquestions. i gave them instructions that I typed up telling the tech which Nav unit part number was installed, and the VSS, Gps, and onstar interface was installed.
It said something like this

The Nav Part Number #15940102 has been installed
Navigation GPS antenna has been installed
VSS and Onstar wiring harness installed

Please choose the following using the TECH2 program.

Remove Theftlock
rear back-up camera (UVC)
Entertainment System (U42)
With Bose, Without (Y91)

After about a hour, they called me back and said everything works and its ready to be picked up. I would have them select the options i mentioned because if you ever add a rear camera later on or a factory or aftermarket screen, you dont have to go back to the dealer and pay them again to unlock those options. I hope this helps
I have one question for you... I plan on doing this, but I was going to just have it unlocked before I got the antenna, and vss. Can I simply just plug the HU in and go there with it installed and have them unlock it? Also what does the Y91 option do? I do not have bose, and will have to use an aftermarket amp to get my sound working... do I still need the Y91 enabled?

thanks
Old October 17th, 2007, 7:29 PM
e
CF Senior Member

you want without option y91. This is the code for the denali package. If you have a denali then you would go with y91. You can have it unlocked without the gps and thevss wire connected. I know because I did it this way.