Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Navigation/Entertainment System "GM Lockpick Group Buy"

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2007 | 5:56 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: 07 Navigation/Entertainment System "GM Lockpick Group Buy"

finally got mine ordered...if your ISP is in Canada (not sure how that happens), you wont be able to place an order....
my package should be here monday!
Old March 27th, 2007 | 11:29 PM
CF Beginner

mine just arrived, will install tomorrow. i'll let you know how it went
Old March 28th, 2007 | 10:34 AM
CF Junior Member

I installed the SuperLockPick over the weekend along with a Motorola IHF 1000 Bluetooth kit. All went easily, the hardest part was getting the fascia off w/o breaking it. the SLP works as desribed and will be handy while traveling without having to pull over (NAV). My wife thought the DVD was broke when it didn't turn off while moving (we don't tell them about all of the toys, right?) I do recommend the SLP, very compact and seems to work well.
Old March 28th, 2007 | 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

MITTahoeLTZ, I havetwo questions for you..........i see that you hooked up the Motorola bluetooth kit, with the superlockpick. When hooked up, does it use the microphone that came with OnStar, or does it use the included mic. from the Motorola kit? Also, do you use the controller ( the little silver **** with the mute, etc) from the kit, or does the superlockpick pick up does functions?
thanks in advance!
Old March 28th, 2007 | 8:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Count me in!

BEWARE. I PURCHASED ONE For my 2007 TAHOE AND WILL NOT WORK AT ALL!! I'M NOT SURE WHY BUT I CAN'T GET A HOLD OF COASTAELTECH. I HAVE LEFT MANY,MANY MESSAGES AND EMAILS! WHAT GIVES? IT LOOKS LIKE I WAS SCAMMED AS ITS BEEN MORE THAN A WEEK TRYING TO GET A RESPONSE.
Old March 28th, 2007 | 9:31 PM
CF Junior Member

I installed the lockpick this afternoon, took about an hour with a leisurely install, I hadthe mosttrouble getting the wires shoved back behind the radio so that it would go all the way back in properly...

I used a wire tie to secure the control box to a wire bundle behind, above & to the right of the stereo, and then added extentions to the line-in sound wires for the bluetooth kit (they were pretty short)...
I then ran the aux video, the bluetooth line-in wires, the ignition switched accessory wire, and the mute wire to the right side and out by the glovebox, so that when I put in the bluetooth kit, I just have to swing down the glovebox, and install behind the glovebox...I don't have to take the radio out again (I hope!).

the only thing that was a little confusing is that there are 2 connectors on the back of the radio that look similar, and you need to plug the bluetooth cable into one of them... they are keyed on the bottom of the connector so that you can't put it on the wrong one, but I had to pull both connectors to compare them to make sure I had the right one...
It is the Pinkish connector that the bluetooth cable plugs into on the back of the NAV radio...

DVD, XM scrolling, and NAV POI entering work as advertised when in motion. I am very happy with the unit!

I'd like to thank 07SummitWhite for having the idea for the group buy, it saved me $60 on something I was going to buy anyways!

David
Old March 28th, 2007 | 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

does it just work or do you have hit window, power lock button, etc.... old models had to. Thanks
Old March 28th, 2007 | 10:42 PM
CF Junior Member

It does not use the Onstar mic, I installed the Motorola mic on the overhead console by the interior light, thought about putting it in the place of the onstar mic but was concerned aboutthe case of an emergency, otherwise I don't plan on using it. You can use either, but technically you set default level with the kit and adjust with the stereo as needed. (p.s.the blue- and orange+ wires on the Motorola kit are the line level output wires) not clearly defined.

I do agree with frosty, the wires were a bit difficult, but with proper care and attention it works smoothly.

Youpress the mute 4X to activate/deactivate or the window lock once to de-activate. (from what I gather)

SilverZ28...what issues are you having? Did you set the dip switches? They are difficult to contact, but I was able to via phone.
Old March 28th, 2007 | 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

thanks for the response MITahoeLTZ,
i will be working on it soon
Old March 28th, 2007 | 11:00 PM
CF Junior Member

You're welcome! I really wish that the (look alike mic) grill on the passenger side wasopen to install the mic there... maybe a dremel and some time... I am very impressed with the quality of Voice Recognition that the 1000 IHF has, I just have to get familiarized withthe different voice commands (use to UConnect). Still haven't founda good mounting spot for the controller, like it to be out-of-sight but accessible.

Quick Reply: 07 Navigation/Entertainment System "GM Lockpick Group Buy"