Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Suburban lowered w/Eibach, KYB & Springtech any advice on DJM/Spohn?

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2016, 2:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Suburban lowered w/Eibach, KYB & Springtech any advice on DJM/Spohn?

Last month at 200k we decided to upgrade the entire suspension. I had a hard time finding any reviews or tips on this and hopefully this will help someone else. I'm still looking for tips and will share my opinion so far.

We have the stock 20" rim/tire combo and don't have plans to change them so the intended project is focused on an upgrade to restore performance with an acceptable ride and an improved sport feel.

We have started with the Eibach Pro Kit which lowers the front 2" and rear 3" for a level stance, along with the KYB Monomax shocks all around and Springtech 2" rear shock extenders. When ordering at the shop we were advised to go with Excel G models. These were far too soft, and bouncing all over the place, I was able to return those and upgrade to the Monomax. Now that everything is installed and aligned I'm much happier I chose this combination. Make sure the rear bump stops are cut down per the instructions, if you don't you'll be riding on them.

The ride is firm and stable very similar to a Silverado 2500HD and better than when new in my opinion. I remember how impressive the Suburban handled when we first got it and now it's very sporty but not obnoxious so far so good. I went as far as the 2" shock extenders so they will not be as compressed and perform better, and purchased gen 9 shorter rear sway bar links which are yet to be installed as some modification is required, Eibach front and rear sway bars are next and thinking about helper air bags for towing.

So far I'm happy with the results and on the fence with getting the DJM RK2007 full rear relocation kit.

Any input on whether this should be purchased and installed? This kit includes not only shock extenders but relocates both lower control arms downward as well as shifting the the rear sway bar to the right/passenger side to prevent pan hard bar interference and shortens the rear sway end links so the sway bar is better aligned horizontally. Is all this necessary on a 2/3 drop?

Secondly any input on Spohn products? Their front sway bar links, adjustable rear pan hard bar, rear adjustable upper arms, rear lower control arms both boxed non adj/rod adj.?

Thanks

Last edited by 07SuburbanAssaultWagon; October 16th, 2016 at 2:46 AM. Reason: Grammar context