Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe Frequency Noise

Search this Thread

Old July 15th, 2013, 9:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe Frequency Noise

Hi guys, I am new to the forum but have looked around at other forums in the past and I am hoping someone has a cure for me. My 07 Tahoe is driving me insane. There is a frequency noise coming through the speakers usually after I go over a decent sized bump in the road. It will only come on if I am playing the radio or if I turn on the blinkers and it gets much much worse when I accelerate. It is consistent and high pitched and happens quite regularly. I would say almost half of the time I am using this vehicle. If I stop the truck, turn the key off and open my drivers door there is a weird electrical hum that goes off somewhere in the headliner and then I can restart my truck and the frequency noise will be gone until I hit another bump. (Trust me I've tried avoiding every bump in the road, not as easy as I'd hoped). I've tried my dealer and of course my warranty ended and when I bring it there the sound isn't there. I am not sure if it is related but since this noise has started, my running lights in my passenger side rear light occasionally goes out, though the brake and turn signal lights work. Also, my rear window hatch won't open with the Button and the rear wiper no longer works. It's an 07 Tahoe LT with Bose sound system. Idk if there is additional info needed to diagnose, or if anyone has any prior knowledge or suggestions of a fix for this. I have seen others post similar findings I've just never seen any fixes. Please help. Thanks guys.
Old July 16th, 2013, 7:29 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forum...
It sounds to me that there is a loose or poor connection, most likely a ground wire...where is it? that is the million dollar question

I'd start with the easier items, check the speaker connections, pull the center console and check the connections at the Bose amp/sub.

If you have any aftermarket equipment hooked up, disconnect it to help isolate any back feeding issues from incorrect wiring...

Check the alternator electrical connections as well as the battery and ground strap...

Check the alternator mounting hardware for any corrosion or poor connection i.e. loose bolts

If you have recently done a tune up did you use the correct spark plugs?
Old July 16th, 2013, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the response. I did take out the head unit to check for loose connections and didn't come up with any. Everything is factory and to be honest, I have been a little too lazy to do any tune ups lol. I will definitely give the alternator a look, that makes sense. Do you by chance think the running lights/rear wiper/hatch might be related to this awful noise? Thanks again.
Old July 17th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Its possible as all of those items I believe, are also controlled by the BCM or Body Control Module...
Old July 18th, 2013, 8:14 AM
CF Junior Member

I have a similar problem only it lies in the back of mine. It occurs when I turn on the rear radio and then turn it off. I get a bunch of interference that comes and goes. It increases with the engine revs and vice versa. I'm guessing it's the amp/noise reducer. Anyone know where it is? Can it be replaced?