Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe going back to GM

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2007, 2:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Tahoe going back to GM

I feel your pain, I have 2800 miles on my 07 LT3 and have the same dashboard ticking sound your describing plus a lot more silly issues, this is my first American made vehicle and will be my last. I should have went with the new X5,,, damit. If I were you, take the new vehicle, then tade it or sell it with no or little mileage. hopefully you can recoup your trade or cash down. sorry to offend you die hard chevy fans, but if you pay around 50grand for any vehicle, it shouldn't sqeek, sqeel, hiss, rattle, drive crooked, idle hard, shift ruff,,,etc ----new.
Old February 10th, 2007, 2:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: kernal

I should have went with the new X5,,, damit.

sorry to offend you die hard chevy fans, but if you pay around 50grand for any vehicle, it shouldn't sqeek, sqeel, hiss, rattle, drive crooked, idle hard, shift ruff,,,etc ----new.
BMW's are not immune either. Had a BMW a few years ago and had numerous problems. Not to mention the 745? when they first came out - that car had 10x the issues of any Tahoe.

This is my first Tahoe as well and I am not a "die hard" chevy fan (yet), but I am willing to give them a chance until they prove me otherwise.

If you are having some issues, GM seems to be very willing to correct and satisfy its customers.
Old February 10th, 2007, 8:40 PM
CF Junior Member

[align=left]Kernal, In your world the BMW X5might be reliable, but not in the real world consumer ratings. The European models such as BMW are usually at the bottom of the list. The X5has a long recall history, but is still plagued withmany reliability issues.Feel free to search for yourBMW you speak so highly of in the consumer reports chart below.To save you some time I recommend you start your search in the "Least reliable" column first. Good luckif you get a X5, you will probably be whining about yournew purchaseon some BMW message board in the near future.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]
[/align][/align]
Old February 11th, 2007, 5:01 AM
CF Active Member

That list holds true of a few vehicles I have owned.
Old February 15th, 2007, 5:20 AM
CF Beginner

I hurt your feelings didn't I. just let me say one other comment, The Tahoe is my wifes vehicle, within the last week, I get at least 2 calls a day, having to hear her ask,, "what isticking soundin the dash" or "what the heck is that golf ball soud rattle in the rear" or "why does my engine rattle when I reverse" and my personal best, " why does my transmission thump off the line",,, I just keep telling her we should have bought german or japanese. Although I will be honest, she has a LT3 Black/ebony w/factory 20's,, its a very sweet looking truck, and it does turn alot of heads around town, mostly from necks though...I've owned 5 bmw's 4 toyota's , 2 Acura's, 1 Suby STI & WRX and there is no comparision in quality of materials/fit and finish and overall solid feel over the TAHOE . Just my opinion ibcheeky don't take it personnaly.
Old February 15th, 2007, 3:21 PM
CF Active Member

sounds like you may have a lemon on that vehicle. I dont have any of those problems you describe and I am lowered. Talk to the dealer and work something out. The problem is that one SUV you have and not the line of Tahoes.
Old February 15th, 2007, 5:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Kernal, I didn't take anything personal and you didn't hurt any feelings. I was just helping to clear up a few warped mental issues you seem to be suffering with facts, not opinions. If you need help deciphering the Consumer Reports chart please ask for help. The Tahoe is rated as "Most Reliable", where asthe X5 that you are saying is superior is not even average. It got the honor of beingpicked for the"Least Reliable" list. I guess they must be wrong because the Kernal says so.If you are having realissues with your vehicle I feel bad for you, but don't start bashing and making idiotic Anti American blanket statementsand include the Tahoewhen you don't know your facts. With stupidity posted as such I am starting to think that the"Golf *****"that you and your wife keep hearing rolling around are in your heads...literally. [/align]
Old February 15th, 2007, 5:49 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: kernal

I hurt your feelings didn't I. just let me say one other comment, The Tahoe is my wifes vehicle, within the last week, I get at least 2 calls a day, having to hear her ask,, "what isticking soundin the dash" or "what the heck is that golf ball soud rattle in the rear" or "why does my engine rattle when I reverse" and my personal best, " why does my transmission thump off the line",,, I just keep telling her we should have bought german or japanese. Although I will be honest, she has a LT3 Black/ebony w/factory 20's,, its a very sweet looking truck, and it does turn alot of heads around town, mostly from necks though...I've owned 5 bmw's 4 toyota's , 2 Acura's, 1 Suby STI & WRX and there is no comparision in quality of materials/fit and finish and overall solid feel over the TAHOE . Just my opinion ibcheeky don't take it personnaly.
I've had my Tahoe for about 5 months now and haven't had to take it to the dealer except for an oil change. I absolutely love this vehicle and so far it has been my favorite over my previous ones (05 Honda Accord LX V6 coupe and 03 Ford FX4 crew cab). It sounds like you may have gotten a lemon and others on this forum have had similar issues and got them taken care of. While your ranting here isnt taken personally by anyone, you doing it isn't going to solve your problem. Call GMC and work it out to get another vehicle. I have heard they are very reasonable to deal with and would love to take care of you to keep you as a customer.
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:47 PM
CF Junior Member

I am currenty working with GM on a buy back for my early production 07 LTZ. The check engine light has been on 10 times for the same faults, each time a repair made, and told by GM that my case does not qualify for a Buyback. As soon as I said BBB, there attitude changed and I should know more information on it soon.
No offence, but how was the buy a truck back for a 'dash noise' and refuse to buy back a driveability consern thats been attempted 10 times.
Old February 16th, 2007, 6:04 AM
CF Beginner

Calm down guy, seems your all worked up and when you start making personal attacks you lose your creditability. I made my opinion and u disagree andI respect your opinion and your consumer reports comments,, etc.. anywaysits late and I'm too tired toreply cause we just go around in circles and thats dumb, but here's avery funny clip I just received from a friend check it out http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/.

Quick Reply: 07 Tahoe going back to GM