Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe going back to GM

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2007, 11:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Tahoe going back to GM

Im dealing with the same issues. I have a 07 tahoe LS with the 4.8with 1800 miles and it has been in the shop 3 times for some kind of noise in the front end and nobody knows what it is. They are now telling me that they are going to try to replace the front drivers strut and what it bolts to and they hope that fixes it. I love the truck but i will say my 03 trail blazer witch had 88000 miles on it was never in the shop. One other thing if i get my truck replaced i will not get the 4.8 i think it is not enough motor for the truck. I tried to pull a 6x12 low haulerenclosed trailer with a suzuki hayabusa in it and it pulled like sh--.
Old February 18th, 2007, 6:39 AM
CF Junior Member

Tim, it's nice that they hope, isn't it? Quite obviously just as in my case they do not know what is wrong with it.
They tried to give me 4.8 in the replacement vehicle and I told them that if I wanted 4.8 I would have bought it when I bought my Tahoe.
Anyway, I just placed an order for the replacement and after literally hours on the phone for past month or so, they agreed that I do not have to pay the difference. They would not throw in anything extra like they told me at the beginning.
New LS with 5.3 costs $1600 more then when I bought it two months ago. And GM is not offering me equal replacement but MSRP to MSRP
exchange. I did not see the final paperwork for the order and I sure hope that they will not charge me for anything as they promised. If they are I will hand this headache over to attorneys, get my money back and buy different vehicle. Now I have to wait 4 to 6 weeks for the new Tahoe and hope that the lemon I own now will make it until then. More noises developed and tailgate does not open too well.

Old February 18th, 2007, 6:50 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: 07LS

BTW a consumer report is not the best reliable source for info on vehicles. I agree that every manufacturer will produce lemons.
So if consumer reports tested one vehicle that maybe was a lemon, they will automatically give it the worst rating. So how can their rating be any good ?
Their ratings for reliabilityare not only based on their own testing, but based on our their latest "Annual Car Reliability Survey" with people that actually own the vehicles.

This is how they test their vehicles acording to their site:

Consumer Reports Car Reliability

Of the more than 200 vehicles that Consumer Reports has recently tested, our Top Picks are worth special consideration. All are recommended models and all-around high performers that:

• Scored at or near the top among competing vehicles in our testing.

• We predict will have average or better reliability, based on our latest AnnualReliability Survey. In the survey owners are asked to identify problems that they considered serious (because of cost, failure, safety, or downtime). We ask them to include problems covered by warranty, but not the ones resulting from accident damage. We also ask them not to include replacement of normal maintenance items (like brake pads, batteries, and mufflers) unless they were replaced much sooner or more often than expected. Respondents check off problems from a list of trouble areas, ranging from the engine and transmission to climate system, brakes, electrical system, and power accessories.

CR's Annual Questionnaire is constructed and implemented by the staff of our National Research Center. The staff of this department includes professional social scientists, some with more than 30 years of experience in constructing, conducting, and interpreting large-scale surveys. The automobile section of the survey is developed in consultation with CR's automotive engineers and statisticians to ensure that we are capturing the most important aspects of auto reliability. The data is analyzed by professional statisticians and survey analysts.

Our decisions about the construction of the survey and the analysis and interpretation of the data are continually reviewed with an eye on giving consumers the most valuable and useful information possible.

• Performed adequately in overall crash protection if tested by the government or insurance industry.

Each vehicle’s “report card” shows how it fared in testing, reliability, and crash protection, if available. “NA” means that we can’t provide an overall crash-protection rating because information wasn’t available. Multiple ratings refer to different versions. Prices are rounded to the nearest thousand dollars.

These Top Picks are the result of the most comprehensive auto-test program of any U.S. publication or Web site. Here are some of the ways in which CR’s testing differs from that of other auto reviewers:

• We anonymously buy all the cars we test from dealerships, rather than borrowing them from automakers, so we get the same quality as you would.

• We use a dedicated, 327-acre auto-test center, staffed by a full-time 20-person staff consisting of experienced auto and tire engineers and their support personel.

• Every vehicle that CR tests is evaluated for months and driven for 6,000 miles or more.

• More than 50 individual tests are performed on every vehicle, including some tests that were developed exclusively by CR’s auto engineers and adopted by the auto industry.

[*]The sheer size of our reliability survey enables us to look at owners' experiences with hundreds of thousands of vehicles. Unlike other reliability surveys, we are able to look atmodels in several variants, in some cases reporting them separately by type of engine, drive types, trim lines or other classifications.

What expertise does CR's survey staff have?
CR's Annual Questionnaire is constructed and implemented by the staff of our National Research Center. The staff of this department includes professional social scientists, some with more than 30 years of experience in constructing, conducting, and interpreting large-scale surveys. The automobile section of the survey is developed in consultation with CR's automotive engineers and statisticians to ensure that we are capturing the most important aspects of auto reliability. The data is analyzed by professional statisticians and survey analysts.

[/align]
Old February 18th, 2007, 7:12 PM
CF Junior Member

OK ibcheeky, you are right.
Old February 18th, 2007, 7:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ibchecky summed it up pretty well. Consumer reports mails me a vehicle survey every year to get my actual experience with my vehicles. No test is 100%, but its the best one out there. They take no advertising money and are the most independent organization out there doing these kind of tests.
Old February 19th, 2007, 11:12 PM
CF Junior Member

OK ibcheeky, thanks for your long posts quoting CR's own articles.
[/align][/align]Your very welcome! I could tell by yourpost that you were in need of a bit of educational assistance.[/align][/align]
ORIGINAL: 07LS[/align][/align]I have my opinion about their ratings based on internet research and how they test ....[/align]
[/align][/align]When you did thisso called "internet research" on Consumer Reports as you claim,did you actually readany of the articles before you wrote....."So if consumer reports tested one vehicle that maybe was a lemon, they will automatically give it the worst rating. So how can their rating be any good ?" By reading thisIcouldswear thatyou have no idea on what youaretalking about....my bad![/align][/align]
[/align][/align]If you must, just post link to the articles[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]Unless you are the moderator, please don't try to tell mehow I should post, Thanks.[/align]
Old February 20th, 2007, 3:11 AM
CF Junior Member

OK enough. This post was not started to have someone argue over and over about CR and insulting people about how they should get educated and so on.

Old February 20th, 2007, 12:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

O7LS,
Please keep us posted on your buy back process. While I am sorry you got a lemon, we all can learn a great deal from your experience. I am glad to see GM being a stand up company. The true measure of a company is how they handle problems. Good Luck
Old February 23rd, 2007, 4:47 AM
CF Beginner

OMG, he's quoting the CR crap again,, Ibcheecky you love that stuff dont you?, poor guy.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:44 PM
CF Junior Member

"OMG, he's quoting the CR crap again,, Ibcheecky you love that stuff dont you?," [/align][/align]I see the facts of reality are stillhard for you to comprehend anddeal with!Since you still are putting in your two cents,it mustreally beeating away at youhuh Kern?.... Too Funny! [/align][/align][/align][/align]"Poor guy?"[/align][/align]Actually Kern, I feel bad for you.An intelligentand educated personwould be able to decipher the statistics and realize they are in the minority with their issues.But I guess since you are the oneto be unlucky and have problems, all the reviews and statistics, regardless of the source,are as you put it, "Crap".This shows your brilliance![/align][/align]Message boards tend to draw people with issues and problems. Most try to resolve theseproblems through the use of the board.Board membershelp each other by posting the resolutions to their issues, service bulletins, or information found when working with the dealer or GM. Then there are the other small percentage of peoplewith issuesthat only seek out message boardsbecause they have a personal agendatofulfill. Rather than adding anything constructive, these people are usually only out to blindly bash, vent and sometimes try to drum up support for Lawsuits. Kerns yousadly fall into this pathetic group.

[/align]

Quick Reply: 07 Tahoe going back to GM