Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 tahoe heat blowing out of the driver side vent with ac on

Search this Thread

Old July 16th, 2010, 3:28 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 tahoe heat blowing out of the driver side vent with ac on

Heat is blowing out of the drivers vents with the ac on. Passenger side and back is fine. What's the deal? I am not under warranty no more but it has been in for this while it was under warranty.
Old July 16th, 2010, 5:32 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Try disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes to reset the BCM.
Old July 17th, 2010, 1:14 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

If sharks suggestion doesn't resolve it and if its been in for the same issue before you might check with the dealer you had it serviced at, as repairs done (under warranty or not) have their own warranty period as well based on the repair date...
Old July 21st, 2010, 8:22 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

adamant, I would like to direct message you about your issue if I may. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 15th, 2010, 5:45 PM
CF Beginner

I have had the issue discussed in this forum with the 2004 Tahoe driver side air intermittently blowing hot (extremely hot) air while the A/C is on. A quick turn off of the engine and restart clears the issue (for an intermittent period of time (maybe days or hours)). The front blower finally quit working also, so I took it to a highly respected shop in the area (not a dealer). They replaced the blower motor, the blower module, and the driver side temperature actuator. Also recharged the system. Total charge around $1300. Everything worked fine for the first day, then suddenly, the driver side started blowing hot air again (same symptom and solution: turn off engine and restart). I took it back to the shop where they "reprogrammed it". 2 days later...you guessed it...same thing again. I am obviously very frustrated. Thanks in advance.

John
Old August 17th, 2010, 9:25 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this problem on my Avalanche after replacing my battery. Here is what I did. Start engine and set drivers side to coldest setting and set passenger side to hottest setting. Turn off engine. Restart engine and reverse the procedure(drivers to hottest and passenger to coldest). Turn off engine. Restart and set to normal settings. Don't ask me why but it worked for me.
Old August 17th, 2010, 9:44 AM
CF Beginner

This was happening to my 07 Tahoe till Last week Friday. I took it to my dealer and had it fixed. It was 2 codes that where replaced with the Tech 2 and it is now working fine. However!!! Should this happen again, it is the actuator, and possibly the actuator doors. He said that it would cost around $600. But as for now it works just fine.
I hope it helps.
Old May 25th, 2011, 10:39 PM
CF Junior Member

still doing it...
Old May 26th, 2011, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by adamant
still doing it...
Do you have the digital climate control? I had the same issue with my 09 Tahoe. I have the manuel independent climate control. I raised the temperature control to full hot and then lowered it to back to cold and it works fine now.
Old May 26th, 2011, 4:23 AM
CF Junior Member

manual.....

Quick Reply: 07 tahoe heat blowing out of the driver side vent with ac on