Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe LTZ Lowering

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2007, 2:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Tahoe LTZ Lowering

My truck is a LTZ, so the auto ride was acting up
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Wow, that stinks to hear. My 2/3 McGaughys is on the way for my LTZ. I guess I'll do the trial and error thing too. Were you able to bend the rear height sensor back to factory pretty easily? Also did McGaughy's help with any of your issues?
Old January 4th, 2007, 12:22 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: LVHoe07

My truck is a LTZ, so the auto ride was acting up
I know, that is why i was asking slammed. I dont think he has an LTZ nor Autoride! I was just trying to get this clear for people that this seems to be a problem on the Tahoes with the autoride suspension!
Old January 4th, 2007, 6:30 PM
CF Junior Member

The level sensors are easy to bend, but I suggest buying a second set, as they will not bent back to original without breaking. I did call the factory when I went to install the kit becuase of the clearance issue when the car was lifted and the wheels hanging, the spindle did not allow the wheel to be turned left or right, and I was told so, it turns when its on the ground. I ended up grinding away a little on the spindle, so I never had a steering issue when driving. Good luck with the kit.
Chad
Old January 4th, 2007, 6:44 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: biglg
I know, that is why i was asking slammed. I dont think he has an LTZ nor Autoride! I was just trying to get this clear for people that this seems to be a problem on the Tahoes with the autoride suspension!
Yeah, that's correct. Mine is an LT3, no Autoride. And I am glad for that in light of the problems some of you guys are having. An earlier poster mentioned he removed a McGaughy's kit. Did you contact them for tech support before pulling the parts off your truck? Curious as to what their take would have been...

EDIT: Upon re-reading the thread, I am not clear on something. Is the Autoride tied to traction control and ABS? I would have thought they would be independent systems. After some thought (hear the grinding?) I can see how the ride height sensors may be referenced for erractic movement suggesting an impending roll-over or other catastrophe.

And for the record, I have had no issues with ABS or TC and the McG 4/5 drop.
Old January 8th, 2007, 11:10 PM
CF Addict

I have deicided against lowering mytahoe. I just purchased an Eibach Lowering Kit. It is part 38107.540. It is supposed to lower the front 1.8 and rear 2.4 inches. This is for the NON autoride suspension. It is brand new in the box. If you are interested let me know. I just want to recover some of the money I paid for it, $260+SH. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.
Old January 9th, 2007, 2:54 AM
CF Active Member

biglg check youre pm
Old January 9th, 2007, 10:15 PM
CF Addict

Here are some pictures. Let me know if anyone is interested. Otherwise it is going on ebay! Thanks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/7E5A99540CE04C8492E2F70DDD31614A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/E80E23AB2533461796070A2D83987AD0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3431/49BE0F2501F24594A3F6E789FBC3D1D8.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:39 PM
CF Beginner

The Ground Force 2" rear drop looks really good. Not sure why it's the same price as a full front/rear Eibach lift and not sure how the Ground Force ride compares to the stock ride, considering they supply new shocks. Are the use of their shocks necessary or will the stockers still work, also I'd consider buying 4 nice Bilsteins or something instead if that would work....

just a few thoughts and questions....
Old January 12th, 2007, 11:15 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: sredish

The Ground Force 2" rear drop looks really good. Not sure why it's the same price as a full front/rear Eibach lift and not sure how the Ground Force ride compares to the stock ride, considering they supply new shocks. Are the use of their shocks necessary or will the stockers still work, also I'd consider buying 4 nice Bilsteins or something instead if that would work....

just a few thoughts and questions....
iv had the GF kit for two months and its great the springs are slightly beefyer and the shocks are a little firmer than stock truck feels great alot more predictable alsothat floating feeling is totally eliminated..

Quick Reply: 07 Tahoe LTZ Lowering