Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe Questions - Theft Deterrents

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2007, 12:06 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe Questions - Theft Deterrents

I received a free The Club device. I can not find it on the Internet - it's like a regular Club but there are two hooks at each end instead of the customary one hook. Anyone seen any of these and or use it?

Also, I've found the source of the vibration when music with heavy bass plays thru the stock sound system in my LT. The lock tab on the driver side front door is loose enough that it will rattle no matter whether the door is locked (In the down position.) or unlocked. The rattle stops if I put my finger on it when it is locked or hold it between my fingers when the door is unlocked. Anyone else have this problem and short of going to the dealer, is there an easy way to deal with this rattle.

TIA ... Allen
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 07 Tahoe Questions - Theft Deterrents

"Free" security device...not sure I'd trust anything free that is supposed to secure my vehicle. Nothing's free.
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:22 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This time free is good - my sister works for Honeywell and at her site there have been 10 thefts and attempted thefts of trucks - two of which were Chevy Surburbans. As an employee benefit - Honeywell gave each employee at the site a free The Club device. Her car is old and she also will not take the extra time to engage it when getting out of her car when away from home - she gave it to her brother with a new Tahoe that is pretty close to the Surburbans the theives are targeting.
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

The problem with the club is the thief takes a large bolt cutter or hacksaw and cuts the steering wheel rim and slips it off. Used to be something called a Pedal-lock that fit between the brake pedal and floorboard. While it could still be cut, it took considerable longer to get it out. Bottom line is if they want your vehicle, it's toast. []