Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Tahoe, Replacing U-Joints

Search this Thread

Old December 12th, 2011, 4:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Tahoe, Replacing U-Joints

Judging by the squeaking when driving at a very low speed, I believe its time for new U-Joints. I replaced them on my pick-up before I got the Tahoe, and they were filled with epoxy. These look the same, as I can see little nipple of epoxy sticking out of the joint. It was almost impossible for me to get them out on my pickup and had to take the shaft to a shop with oxy/acetylene torch to heat the jpint, and it made the epoxy oooze right out. However I do have a shop press now, and am wondering if I can just use my Mapp Gas and the press? Another question would be is there any seals or anything that needs to be replaced on the transfer case where the driveshaft splines slide in? On my pick up, it came right out no fluid loss, etc etc... Thanks for the help!
Old December 13th, 2011, 9:28 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does it make noise when going over bumps at low speeds - from the rear end? if so take it into the dealer and they will fix it for free under the 5year 100k drivetrain warranty. I had mine fixed about a year ago
it is a known issue with the 2007 models trucks(all models) they will replace with another unit and lube up the driveshaft splines