Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:42 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 07 Wiper Blades

Wasn't $43K enough??? They should give a lifetime supply of these things out at delivery!!!

I'd better start saving my pennies.
Old January 24th, 2007, 4:14 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.GoSMM.com carries aftermarket blades, I got mine there! WAY NICER THAN FACTORY!
Old January 24th, 2007, 9:42 AM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: scott_mckinney

www.GoSMM.com carries aftermarket blades, I got mine there! WAY NICER THAN FACTORY!
But are they better??? How much?? The website's catalog is 125 meg and is taking a while to download.
Old January 24th, 2007, 12:36 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Just send them an email, I got the highest quality ones and they worked flawless!
Old January 25th, 2007, 1:07 AM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

I like the design with the aerodynamic feature to help at hiway speeds.

Any idea why the new attachment design to the wiper arm?
Old January 25th, 2007, 1:12 AM
Administrator

It's a good thing you work there cuz I'm not sure you could find them on your website. Agree with biglg. Couldn't find them other than a listing of all of the wipers you carry but no application info. Maybe just didn't know how to find them.
Old January 30th, 2007, 3:32 PM
CF Junior Member

If anybody can figure out which ones work for a 2007 Thaoe and post it here, that would be very helpful. I agree that this web site is a complete disaster. I wonder how many sales they lost when people could not find what they needed and especially the proper application in terms of car model...
Old January 30th, 2007, 6:31 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 73shark

It's a good thing you work there cuz I'm not sure you could find them on your website. Agree with biglg. Couldn't find them other than a listing of all of the wipers you carry but no application info. Maybe just didn't know how to find them.
Finally, someone agrees with me! The SMM site that SMM sales manager Scott McKinney always references is horrible! I cant stand to go to that site, pisses me off just trying to search!

I just went there again. I just purchased a McGaughys lowering kit, Street Scene Grille, and some other stuff! I wanted to see what you guys were asking for it! I guess SMM doesnt sell either product?
Old February 21st, 2007, 1:54 AM
Administrator

This last now storm proved that these blades are not suitable replacements for winter blades. Since GM decided to go to a patented aftermarket design that's only available from Valeo or a few distributors eg, TireRack, I'm wondering if one could replace the wiper arm with a conventional one? I haven't pulled one of to determine the shaft style and that probably precludes changing. But this current deal is unacceptable and just another example of GM giving the consumer half a peace sign.
Here's contact info for Valeo if you feel like venting about the lack of a winter blade.(got from another forum and haven't verified yet) One poster stated that he'd lost a blade twice due to ice buildup.

Contact info for Valeo:

VALEO Electrical Systems, Inc.
Wiper Systems Division
3000 University Drive
MI 48326-2356 Auburn Hills (United States)
tel: (1) 248.340.3000
fax: (1) 248.340.3106
Old February 21st, 2007, 2:44 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shark, I agree I am not impressed with the ENTIRE wiper system. Speaking of the same storm you are since I was in your City this past weekend, the wipers sucked. Also, the windshield washer fluid spraying system stinks. I have to keep it spraying for about 5 minutes each time to get the entire wiping area clean. I know there isa TSB for poor spray pattern, but I am sure in my case it would be listed as normal! Also, it works better when sitting still/idle than it does going 60mph. My wife got pissed this last storm because I had to spray the **** so long and couldnt get the windshield clean. Definately the poorest overall washer system I have had on a new vehicle in the past 5 years.

Quick Reply: 07 Wiper Blades