Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

08 hybrid tahoe

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2008, 2:11 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 08 hybrid tahoe

That long winded spew of idiocracy is quite possibly the dumbest thing that I have ever read and I couldn't agree less, I also fail to see the connection in every point he attempts to make, the ramblings remind me of a 6th grade level theology essay except this whack job actually thinks he’s making some valid points.

Making the assumption that only environmentalists (which are all Vegans in this morons mind) buy Hybrids is asinine; generally the customers purchasing Hybrids are more the cutting edge sort.

And then to make the remark that "better fuel efficiency only delays" our "burning of liquid fuels"; Yeah hotshot I guess the next thing that you're going to tell us is the sky is blue, what a freaking Einstein.
In a previous post you claim that you’re a TV repair guy and now you’re a “computer programmer”?? What next, Space Shuttle Commander?

There's 5 minutes of my life shot down the drain.
Old February 8th, 2008, 6:38 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you were looking forthe bicycle forum and somehow ended up here.

P.S. Take a look at your belt and shoes...from cows was it?

ORIGINAL: SabrToothSqrl

Sadly; its not enough for my needs...
The Hybrid Tahoe is in conflict.

it's a hybrid, which in and of itsself is stupid(more on that later), but it comes with leather seats.

Leather comes from cows, right?

So, what your saying to the world is that burning too much gasoline is terrible, but killing animals for a place to put your butt is just fine

Me, I don't really care; so bring on the leather!

The reason ALL hybrids are stupid is a long subject. I will try to break it down into sections:

The cost, and I don't mean they are too expensive for me to buy; I mean that products cost money, as they should. The issue arises because no job is pollution free. So, by buying a hybrid that costs more than say an identical non-hybrid means you will be working more hours… Personally I'm a computer programmer… which means during the day I consume water, electricity, drive to / from work, and utilize other means that burn fossil fuels. In Harrisburg, our power comes from Coal, so my working more hours to make more money; means more burnt coal. What do you do at your job that uses fuel?
While the technology in hybrids is nothing short of outstanding; the materials and chemicals used in the systems, as well as in the design / construction of the new systems creates huge environmental hazards that may do more damage than simply consuming fuel.
Hybrids are a stopgap solution. They prolong our dependence on the burning of liquid fuels. If we all drove 10 MPG suburbans, and ran out of fuel next week, we would be forced to change over to something else NOW… better fuel efficiency only delays this
[ol][/ol]

Now, I'm not an envrio-****, and I would love 200 MPG in whatever the cheapest fuel is, but hybrids are just a marketing gimmick, but that's ok, its what people want, and if they can provide, well, that's just capitalism.

Now other projects such as the Chevy Volt, are a step in the right direction, that is nothing short of amazing, it shows that saving the environment can be cool, and yes, the MPG of the hybrid Tahoe is also amazing… but the Volt is on another level! Slap a turbine in it, and it could run on any flammable liquid or even gas!

in any event, the Tahoe Hybrid is a neat vehicle, and there is nothing 'wrong' with it, but it is going to 'save the world'...

I wonder if I can get hybrid stickers for my 1995 Tahoe so people in LA don't throw eggs at it...

Old February 8th, 2008, 9:12 PM
CF Active Member

He's worried about the extra cost from labor for a hybrid...does he have any idea what the cost for a hydrogen fuel cell is!!! LOL...I took a lot of physics classes in college, one of which was taught by a professor who did a lot of work with fuel cells and he argued quite strongly against using them to power consumer cars because the cost of production would be outrageous... And yes they do only emit water, but you're also driving a Hydrogen bomb around!

Although I do think they Hybrid Tahoe is pretty cool, the cost is something that'll keep me in my dinobones consuming 30% efficient internal combustion SUV!
Old February 8th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

ORIGINAL: jophilpott

but you're also driving a Hydrogen bomb around!
I assume you meant Hydrogen bomb a la Hindenberg, not Hydrogen bomb a la thermonuclear fusion bomb.
Old February 9th, 2008, 10:50 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: 73shark

I assume you meant Hydrogen bomb a la Hindenberg, not Hydrogen bomb a la thermonuclear fusion bomb.
Thankfully the Earth isn't hot enough to to fuse the Hydrogen into Helium! Wonder what the house power would be from a fussion engine??? LOL
Old February 9th, 2008, 1:16 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have now proved that the Hindenberg tragedy was not caused by hydrogen. Hydrogen will not burn without oxygen and it was 100% hydrogen inside the envelope. The fabric shell of the Hindenberg was coated with a dope sealer that was pretty close in chemical composition to rocket fuel. It was the dope that was ignited by the electrical spark and that burned so rapidly and violently.

Really.

Old February 9th, 2008, 7:54 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Thankfully the Earth isn't hot enough to to fuse the Hydrogen into Helium! Wonder what the house power would be from a fussion engine??? LOL
I just need to find a place to recharge my flux capacitor.
Old February 9th, 2008, 8:41 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

/\
Old February 9th, 2008, 8:45 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey; and on the Hindenburg issue; this was from Mythbusters:

Myth statement
Status
Notes

The Hindenburg was destroyed by the highly flammable doping compound used to paint it, not the hydrogen used to give it lift.
Busted
Using the same compounds used in the Hindenburg's paint, the MythBusters discovered that they could combine to form highly incendiary thermite. However, the actual proportions of components in the paint burned too slowly to match the film footage of the Hindenburg disaster. A scale model of the Hindenburg using the same paint and placed in a hydrogen-rich environment took about a minute to burn and did look very similar to the original events. In the end, they concluded that the Hindenburg's demise could be attributed to both the hydrogen and the paint, and they agreed that the paint by itself was not responsible for the rapid burning of the airship. They also pointed out that if actual thermite covered the Hindenburg, it would make the airship too heavy to fly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBusters_(season_5)
Old February 10th, 2008, 11:36 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: RonH

They have now proved that the Hindenberg tragedy was not caused by hydrogen. Hydrogen will not burn without oxygen and it was 100% hydrogen inside the envelope. The fabric shell of the Hindenberg was coated with a dope sealer that was pretty close in chemical composition to rocket fuel. It was the dope that was ignited by the electrical spark and that burned so rapidly and violently.

Really.

Last time I checked, the air around us was pretty loaded with oxygen! lol... We got to play w/ liquid O2 in a chem class once. It was pretty cool. We boiled it with liquid Nitrogen! We also dropped chunks of sodium into buckets of water...BOOM! They really do teach you useless crap in college.