Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

08 Suburban no front AC or Heat

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2017 | 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default 08 Suburban no front AC or Heat

So I did a search and I did go and get another Blower resistor 2 of them one from Rock auto and one from AutoZone but this did not fix the issue. I get power across the device and when I jump power the blower motor does run and blows cold. My question is there is a small third wire coming off of the plug does anyone know where this could go or if there is a relay somewhere. the fuse under the hood looks good to.
Old November 3rd, 2017 | 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

pic of plugs. when it is all hooked up I get power across the circuit. is that small brown/White wire like a control from somewhere?
Attached Thumbnails 08 Suburban no front AC or Heat-20171102_174112%5B990%5D.jpg  

Last edited by Ladmarines; November 3rd, 2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old November 4th, 2017 | 6:34 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Ladmarines
So I did a search and I did go and get another Blower resistor 2 of them one from Rock auto and one from AutoZone but this did not fix the issue. I get power across the device and when I jump power the blower motor does run and blows cold. My question is there is a small third wire coming off of the plug does anyone know where this could go or if there is a relay somewhere. the fuse under the hood looks good to.
The third wire is from the HVAC Control Module. It's a speed signal (don't know if it's pulsed or proportional) to the "Blower Motor Control Module" (aka the resistor).
They use a solid state speed controller now instead of resistors to control the blower speed.
Make sure you have a good ground (BLK wire) on the 3-wire connector.
There are at least 3 Fuses to check...
HVAC BATT....Power to the HVAC Control Module.
HVAC BLWR....Power to the Blower Motor
HVAC-IGN.....Power to the HVAC Actuators