Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'09 Tahoe Help how to remove passenger side mirror?

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2013, 4:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 Tahoe Help how to remove passenger side mirror?

The actuator (mirror won't go up and down) on the passenger side mirror is bad and I need to get the mirror apart to replace it. How is this done? The mirror has built in turn signals of that makes a difference.

Last edited by geodavky; October 14th, 2013 at 4:54 PM.
Old October 14th, 2013, 9:28 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Gently pry off the triangular plastic trim piece on the inside of the door (prying at the top of the piece). This will expose the three nuts and the wiring harness. Unplug the harness, remove the three bolts, and you're done. Use a magnetic socket, if you have one, to make sure you don't drop any of the nuts inside the door.
Old October 14th, 2013, 9:39 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Here is link to some information I posted a while back about removing and installing the mirror...
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...r-issue-55887/

EDIT: this if for the removal of the glass itself... as stated above the mirror assembly is done from the inside of the door....
Old October 15th, 2013, 6:53 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
Here is link to some information I posted a while back about removing and installing the mirror...
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...r-issue-55887/

EDIT: this if for the removal of the glass itself... as stated above the mirror assembly is done from the inside of the door....

Thank you I was looking for the removal of the glass itself. When the mirror is pushed in at the top there does not seem to be enough room for the glass to be lifted up as it is almost touching the housing. I don't know if these directions are applicable to a 2009? Lifting up under the mirror with a 2" wide flat plastic tool I cannot get the glass to budge and I am affraid I will break either the bottom housing or the glass itself. Any ideas?
Old October 15th, 2013, 7:43 AM
Administrator

This should be applicable to the 2009, as the 2007 to 2014 are all GMT900 models...
Old October 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
CF Beginner

This should be applicable to the 2009, as the 2007 to 2014 are all GMT900 models...
I got the mirror off and now I need to remove the actuator as that is what is bad. How do I get the actuator loose from the housing?
Old October 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Administrator

I don't have access to my manuals at the moment, but you might see if you can pop off the back of the mirror cover and access the motor assembly from that point...
Old October 15th, 2013, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

I don't have access to my manuals at the moment, but you might see if you can pop off the back of the mirror cover and access the motor assembly from that point...
Just took another look and see 4 screws that must be holding it on. I'll try that.
Thanks for all of your help!
Old October 15th, 2013, 4:28 PM
Administrator

Were you able to get it apart and the motor out? take a few pictures and post if you can
Old October 16th, 2013, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

Were you able to get it apart and the motor out? take a few pictures and post if you can
Sorry, but I had it back together before I saw your post asking for pictures. It only took 5 minutes.
It was very straightforward once the mirror was off. Just removed the 4 allen head screws in the actuator, unplugged it, plugged in the new actuator, put the 4 screws back in then the mirror back on.
Thanks for your help

Quick Reply: '09 Tahoe Help how to remove passenger side mirror?