Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'09 Yukon Denali - Rear screen doesn't turn off.

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2023, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 Yukon Denali - Rear screen doesn't turn off.

Howdy folks.

I just installed a new double din Pioneer head unit (DMH-241EX) and a Crux (CRUX SOOGM-16) wiring harness/device that retains all the stock functionality.

I'm using the Axxess GMRSAV harness to send the video signal to the rear monitor.

Lastly, I have the Micro Bypass wired in as well.
*To preface, I'm very familiar and proficient wiring car audio systems.

Everything works; door chimes, steering wheel controls, audio and video on the rear screen, stereo and sub amplifier powers on and off with the key\opening the door.

The trouble is, the rear flip down screen doesn't turn off when the stereo powers down/vehicle off/door open, etc., it sits at a backlit screen.

Any ideas?
The wiring guide was extremely easy to follow. Their tech support is only M-F but I really need my truck road ready by Monday without having to disconnect the battery when parked.

I guess I can pull the RSE fuse for now. The screen remains on full-time, doesn't matter if the stereo is on or off, or whether the battery was just connected.

Even though I hadn't planned to use the remote control or wireless headphones, I'm starting to think this might be related.

I ordered the diode and will give that a try.

​​​​​​
Old June 11th, 2023, 5:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or heck if anything, does anyone know where the screen receives its power?
Is it from the stereo harness?

If that's the case, I can cut it and wire in a relay triggered by the ACC I just can't find a good wiring diagram to find which lead it is.
I just removed the RSE controller in the rear of the center console, I figured it might run through there but unplugging those connectors didn't turn off the flip down screen.