Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'13 Suburban Questions

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2014, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '13 Suburban Questions

As another post after asking about "Old Blue" my '01 Suburban, I'll throw out some questions about my CPO '13 Z71.

1) Navigation Question- Has factory navigation. Somehow I've been able to turn off the split screen map, so it's just the Radio Info. I can't figure out how to do that. No problem getting full screen map or split screen map - just No map. I even RTFM.

2) Aftermarket sun visor. One thing I miss is the deluxe sun visor from my '01. The visor that had another small one behind, so if you swing the driverside to the side window, there was another to drop down in front. Also the extension piece to help on the side. I've done some web searches, but can't find any replacements.

3) Anyone have the factory "rear console" for the captains chairs? Wondering how well it works. I've read that it doesn't have a lot of room.
Old June 18th, 2014, 6:18 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

1) Press the audio button - that will show just program information on whatever you're listening to.

2) Can't help. My Burb has a ~6" strip of window tint along the top of the windshield. Does the same thing - very effective.

3) Looked into the 2nd row console and decided against it. The kids (3 teenagers) prefer the open "aisle" to get to the 3rd row, and the ability to sit in the middle position of the 3rd row and stretch their legs completely straight.
Old June 18th, 2014, 6:25 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

I use the center console between the second row seats to store the headphones and remote in plus it has some cup holders.
Old June 19th, 2014, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

intheburbs -

I don't have any button labeled audio, at least not obvious. I'll keep poking around.

The rear console is supposedly removable, but it's expensive. The kids wanted captains chairs but miss being able to pile stuff between them. I've looked at the Rampage "minivan" console and it looks like a good (cheaper) alternative. I may need to find some way to secure it and still keep it removable.
Old June 19th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

The button on the top of the right side buttons is Audio on mine. Upper right corner.
Old June 24th, 2014, 7:25 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks 73shark,

Got it! The top right button on my is SRCE (Source). Switching sources will bring up a full screen audio (without map). I swear I tried that before, but your tip helped get it figured out.