Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1997 suburban shut off while driving

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2015, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 suburban shut off while driving

Hello,

Looking for guidance. My suburban has shutoff twice while driving. The first time I was at a red light and the second time I was making a right turn. The two incidents were about 3 weeks apart. The suburban just shuts off no sputtering no jerking. I am able to restart it immediately. I have recently replaced the fuel pump, battery and fuel filter. Check engine light does not come on and no codes are given. Any suggestions would be appreciated

97 suburban 5.7 4x4 187000
Old January 25th, 2015, 8:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by galavizjg@hotmail.com
Hello,

Looking for guidance. My suburban has shutoff twice while driving. The first time I was at a red light and the second time I was making a right turn. The two incidents were about 3 weeks apart. The suburban just shuts off no sputtering no jerking. I am able to restart it immediately. I have recently replaced the fuel pump, battery and fuel filter. Check engine light does not come on and no codes are given. Any suggestions would be appreciated

97 suburban 5.7 4x4 187000
Update. After reading about others with the similar issue, I learned that a dirty throttle body could be the culprit. When I removed the throttle body it was nasty had plenty of carbon build up. After cleaning it I definitely noticed a difference. It idles much smoother. Drove it today with no issues I hope that was the problem. I'm open to any other suggestions . Good day