Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1998 Suburban 5.7 Vortec Cranks and No Start

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2022, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Suburban 5.7 Vortec Cranks and No Start

Originally believed it was the fuel pump so I replaced with a Delphi pump. I can confirm pump runs only on sound I have not check fuel pressure with gauge. I do have pressure at schrader valve visually when depressed.

Fuel filter was replaced within the last year, I have opened up the lines and removed and blew thru it and seems to be fine.

Autozone questioned my ICM and tested it. Said it failed there test and was most likely the cause. Replaced with ACDelco part and replaced ignition coil with duralast. I can confirm spark before distributor but not after

Rotor was well worn and looked like it needed replacing so put a new rotor inside cap and still not start.

Checked fuses and none appear to be broke but do look old.

Truck was running fine for three months since I started driving it again and parked it and went out of town for three days while we had bad rain storms in the area and now it will spin and spin but no start.

I thought I had left the tank without enough fuel originally so I brought in 10 gallons via can and poured it in and it would fire up once and run above 3k rpm but when left to idle died out and would not fire up again.

I believe I may have water in my gas because when I changed the fuel pump I was expecting to see a half fuel tank at best but instead it was full!.

my gas gauge (float) has been broken for years now so I would track it via odometer so I’m not sure how much gas was left in besides the fact that I ran it 50 miles over what I believed would of been empty.

new fuel pump reads full tank but I have a feeling it’s 50/50 water fuel

also truck is not showing any codes on computer scan and security light comes on when truck starts does not flash and goes out about 3 seconds in.

any suggestion?