Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

1999 GMC Suburban/Headlights,Rims,Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2013, 12:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 GMC Suburban/Headlights,Rims,Exhaust

I have a 99 Suburban and I want to put some headlights in. I want them slightly smoked, I mean slightly, not like a ricer patty kid smoked just a little. I don't want halos, preferably HID's. Also I'd like to put "slightly smoked" LED's in the rear. Not sure where to get these or how much I should pay for them, I'd love to know! I want a set of nice chrome rims, I've seen guys with American Racing 5-spoke wheels and I think they look pretty good, love to know what you guys and gals think would look good on my suburban. I've been thinking about a stright pipe but as I look into it, it seems to cause more problems than it's worth...I have factory duals on it to the muffler (stock muffler) to a single out, I want a DEEP good rumble, not any pops or rasp. I would only be looking for a muffler dual in dual out. Thanks for the feedback. Pictures of all these things would be greatly appreciated! Until next time CHRISPY out...!
Old November 7th, 2013, 2:02 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

If you're in to DIY, VHT makes smoke spray in a rattle can. For tails, check ebay for Eagle Eyes LED tails. You can get them smoked.

There are a lot of choices for mufflers, Magnaflow, Borla, Corsa, Flowmaster, etc. Can't attest to sound of any of them. Some of their websites have sound clibs tho. Remember that the DEEP rumble will penetrate into the cabin w/ almost no muffling due to low frequency sounds penetrating thru solid materials. If you can live w/ that, you might try no muffler, just the cats. Trust me tho it will get old pretty quick, especially on the hwy.

Wheels are a real personal choice and there is almost an infinite number of choices out there.
Old November 8th, 2013, 9:55 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

73Shark is correct about the smokey paint. Use VERY light coats to achieve the look you want.

For wheels, exhaust, lights; check out www.summitracing.com

They have lots of wheels available and are pretty competitive in their pricing.