Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 Burb Front Wheels Slip - Then Pulls Right

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2019, 9:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2001 Burb Front Wheels Slip - Then Pulls Right

I have seen this discussed elsewhere online, but can't find it again. This is 2001 Suburban 1500 2WD

Under normal driving conditions, no problems drives straight as an arrow, turning is just fine. However if it happens to be raining and if I accelerate enough to where the front wheels slip, odd things begin to happen:

1. The vehicle will pull to the right.
2. While driving straight but over wet / uneven surfaces, it feels like some of the wheels will lose grip.
3. When I turn, it literally feels like 1 or more of the wheels stop turning periodically. Turning left for instance requires more foot to keep the vehicle moving through the turn.
4. I get more vibration through the steering column.
5. Making a slow turn to park involves a series of thumps / clicks / sliding wheels.
6. If I make a standard right turn, the seems to correct all of the above immediately. Until I cause the front wheels to slip again under acceleration.

I've read it has something to do with the differential, but not certain how to correct.

When raining and slick roads, it's very easy to replicate the problem.