Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 suburban

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2013, 8:57 AM
psb
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2001 suburban

I've had nothing but problems with my '01 k2500 burban. Flywheel cracked this past summer, replaced. Dealer had to remove transmsision, starter, etc to get to it. Since then e-brake and abs idiot lights come on and stay on. I went to start it and the battery was dead. (I don't know if any of this is related, could just be a coincidence) It took the charge, started, and went on my way. Ran fine for a few days then died after a stop at the gas station. Adv auto did a diagnostic, said the battery voltage was higher than they've seen before. Alternator tested good. Replaced the battery. And the problems continue. It runs fine and stays running once the battery has been charged but once the ignition is off, I'm taking a chance of it not starting again.

It also has a nasty oil leak. Any common areas that tend to leak on these trucks?
This truck has high mileage and is now a 2nd vehicle so I really don't want to put much more money into it, especially after that costly flywheel.