Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 Tahoe door lock power issue.

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2018, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 2001 Tahoe door lock power issue.

Hello All,

This week (yess the WHOLE WEEK) was spent taking out the entire dash back to the firewall so that I could replace the heater core, and refoam the blend doors. Everything went GREAT. That's the good news. The bad news is that now that (almost) everything is put back together the door lock switches will not work. not at any door nor in the cargo area. The locks DO work if I use the key fob. Needless to say I had the wiring harness both at the fuse block on the driver's side as well as the bus block on the pass. side disconnected to remove the dash. I have checked all the fuses and all are good. The ground straps were also put back. Clearly I screwed up somewhere. Given that the FOB works tells me that the actuators are still good and that that branch is good. Anyone know or have a diagram of the bus block or color codes to help me narrow down my tracing and hunting this weekend?

My buddy thinks it's a bad ground but I'm not convinced.... it's also doubtful that it's a short b/c none of the fuses are blown, and when I hit the fob I can feel and hear the relays click.. So it's either a bad molex plug or a wire got pinch and cut.

Thoughts??
Old July 14th, 2018, 6:41 PM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Do any of the other door (passenger, rear) lock controls work?
Make sure the connectors at the fuse block are in all the way, and check that none of the pins have been bent or pushed out of the connector. I agree with you, probably not a ground issue.