Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 Tahoe Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2008, 11:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Tahoe Electrical Issues

Hi i have a big problem with my tahoe, it won't start at all, the fuel gauge is below empty and the message center is blinking between "Battery", "Security" and "Low Fuel". i have a full tank of gas and i have been trying like mad to find something regarding this but no luck, so i hope someone here have an idea.
all i figured out so far is that the +12v from the PCM to the Fuel Relay isn't there when i turn ignition to ON but if i pull the relay out it i can read the +12v from the wire. If i use a wire from the battery + i can get the fuel pump to run.
I have tried using a scan tool to try and read out DTC but it won't even establish a connection even though i used to be able to do so.
I found 2 wires to the starter that was open, but still no luck after fixing those.

So if you have an idea don't hesitat to post it
Old June 19th, 2008, 1:39 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: 2001 Tahoe Electrical Issues

did something happen to the vehicle electrical system? a jump start or new battery?
does it crank at all?
do you hear relays engage when the ignition is turned on but not started?
was it running well before all of this happen?
have you driven thrudeep water?

have you had the battery load tested?
Old June 19th, 2008, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

for sometime now it would just cut the engine while driving, and that's really horrible while driving... almost no breaks or steering. but usually i could just turn the key right away and it would start, so i changed the fuel pump and the filter cause the pump didn't sound too good, but it didn't help at all the day after it did the same thing while driving, so a couple of days ago it did the same thing again, but this time it wouldn't start. but most of the times it would cut the engine was while turning so i thought it was the 2 open wires from the starter rubbing against the steering column, but i fixed those. but i'll proberbly be looking for more shorts.
The engine cranks fine but won't start and i don't hear the fuel pump relay when turning the ignintion to on.
i havn't driven thru any deep water. and the battery was load tested the other day and it's fine.

Old June 19th, 2008, 8:55 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. Keep us advised of your progress. Maybe someone here can help you.
Old January 26th, 2012, 9:05 AM
CF Beginner

Did you get your problem solved?