Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2001 XLT Electrical Issues? Dave Help!

Search this Thread

Old November 15th, 2006, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 XLT Electrical Issues? Dave Help!

I have a 2001 and have had several electrical issues, but one is really hammering me, or my wife who drives the car, so she is hammering me...The biggest problem is the AC and Heat. Sometimes if you use the heater, then need the AC later, it will not blow cold air, but air that feels as if the heat setting is all the way hot....this happens no matter what you do or try. Then two or three times later it's fine again. Also, the illumation in the door panels and the rear console do not light up. The fog lights do not work as well. A while back, several months now, the windows and sunroof would not open....I got that fixed by a GM mechanic I knew at the time, but now cannot locate. My dad and I have the GM manual (CD version) for all the GM cars we own and we trace this back to the body control module. It seems like the only thing that could cause all of these issues. Are we right, or does anyone know of another solution? I have checked all the relays I can find that pertain to the AC or Heat, so I am at a loss....Thanks in advance if anyone knows what this is. If ZXDave is reading...you came highly recommended so I thought I would give the Chevy Forum a shot....