Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 tahoe ltz help please - Catch me up to speed plz..

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2012, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2003 tahoe ltz help please - Catch me up to speed plz..

Been a great car up until late:

The car seems to have always had electrical issues compounding now. Once referred to as "programming" by a dealer rep in conversation:

FIRST the battery would just die from time to time. Unexplained. Wound up replacing around - 40K. But I have always been suspicious of some kind of battery drain/shorting issue.

NEXT the seat controls started to reverse, and you have to slide forward to move the seat back, etc.. around - 60K.

NEXT, 85K - the radio started no going off when the key was pulled and the doors opened too. I had to stop and catch myself on that one when I actually realized the radio was still blasting as the door was closing behind me.

NEXT, A tail light failed and when I changed it I noticed severe scorching all around the plastic recepticle. Serious heat I am certain. I should note that the 3rd brakelight up high failed around 80K and I disconnected it - but I still have not replaced it...

NEXT/Latest, 90K - the a/c is acting up. The rear blows cold but the front does not. Yesterday and recently it even blew hot from the front..!! I have also noted that it seems to work ok in overcast weather. And whats that obnoxious loud sound coming from under and behind the dash when the a/c blower fan is on high?

TIA..
Old July 31st, 2012, 9:30 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was an aftermarket alarm or starter put in? If so look for the wiring or contact switch.

I had some dieting issues that were caused by shorts in a bent/ broken contact switch
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:46 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks. I have suspected some numb nutz that did body work on the driver side door screwed something up. While the car has always had electrical issues the thing with the inside lights and radio staying on only started a few months back and a few months after the door was opened to change driver side glass. Afte reading about a/c resetting, it makes me wonder that if a switch were brake. It might interfere with the natural daily calibration process here. So I'm gonna take it to the dealer and advise indicating this might be related to that and see whatvtheycsay.

Originally Posted by blueinterceptor
Was an aftermarket alarm or starter put in? If so look for the wiring or contact switch.

I had some dieting issues that were caused by shorts in a bent/ broken contact switch
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:49 PM
CF Beginner

There was an LTZ in 2003?
Old September 3rd, 2012, 9:58 AM
CF Beginner

Sorry, LTS (whatever). Its the one with the sunroof, seat heaters and all that. Essentially everything you could get then short the DVD of course because of the sunroof...
Old September 3rd, 2012, 5:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by bbc3
Sorry, LTS (whatever). Its the one with the sunroof, seat heaters and all that. Essentially everything you could get then short the DVD of course because of the sunroof...
The 2007 has the sunroof, and a dvd. wireless head phones x2.
Just more to go wrong.
Lee
Old September 3rd, 2012, 8:58 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Never heard of an LTS but my wife's 2004 has a sunroof and overhead OEM DVD player.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks and I am corrected again. Sorry but I am in just so much denial about having to once again dirty my hands.

The car is an LT model. 2003 tahoe. Sorry.

600 bucks a month for 6 years and I am not about to go out and pick myself up another payment for at least five more... I guess I could look at it from that standpoint and consider 500 bucks to dealer from time to time is nothing to steady payments. But its a sum matter of money to me.

Originally Posted by 73shark
Never heard of an LTS but my wife's 2004 has a sunroof and overhead OEM DVD player.
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:15 PM
CF Beginner

I regret trading in my expedition...had it 4 years nothing went wrong..arrival of 4th daughter we needed more room behind 3rd row....had to ge a burb cause the EL model expeditions are wy to much $ ...got my 2011 burb certified used for 25k with 16k miles...totally base...put in dvd, nav,rear sensor and camera...for 1000