Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2003 Tahoe-passenger air vent blowing only heat.

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2011, 4:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Tahoe-passenger air vent blowing only heat.

I recently took my Tahoe to dealer service center for a problem that started with a dead battery. Battery checked out fine( after removing and recharging) but noticed that when a/c turned on, rpms dropped and had a rough idle. Tahoe would stall out when in reverse or drive . It would start back up but would go dead when slowing down to stop or turning. A/c vents blowing hot air on driver's side. Dealer cleaned throttle body,flushed injectors, and replaced intake gaskets. Great! $557.00. Two miles down the road after leaving dealer, I noticed that passenger side vents are now blowing heat. Cool air blowing from all other vents. Called back to dealer . They said this is not related .Does anyone have any input? I just can't believe its not still part of all the same problems.However, the stalling out problem seems to be resolved.Why would the same problem with the hot air vent move to another vent? am I looking at dishing out more money? Could it be that the accuator needs resetting?

Last edited by C.Hicks; August 25th, 2011 at 4:19 PM.
Old August 25th, 2011, 4:42 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by C.Hicks
I recently took my Tahoe to dealer service center for a problem that started with a dead battery. Battery checked out fine( after removing and recharging) but noticed that when a/c turned on, rpms dropped and had a rough idle. Tahoe would stall out when in reverse or drive . It would start back up but would go dead when slowing down to stop or turning. A/c vents blowing hot air on driver's side. Dealer cleaned throttle body,flushed injectors, and replaced intake gaskets. Great! $557.00. Two miles down the road after leaving dealer, I noticed that passenger side vents are now blowing heat. Cool air blowing from all other vents. Called back to dealer . They said this is not related .Does anyone have any input? I just can't believe its not still part of all the same problems.However, the stalling out problem seems to be resolved.Why would the same problem with the hot air vent move to another vent? am I looking at dishing out more money? Could it be that the accuator needs resetting?
I don't think there is any reset on the actuator door. I'd suggest to take it back to the dealer, and keep it there till it is fixed. It might not be related, but.

Last edited by kevinkpk; August 25th, 2011 at 4:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old August 25th, 2011, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure will. They want to charge me another 130.00 to check it out, though.