Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2004 AC Not Cold - just cooling

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2007, 6:12 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2004 AC Not Cold - just cooling

Drained for about 5 minutes!

Rain and more rain since then so not really tested but I bet it will be greatly improved!

Now about that xtra "contaminated" freon that's in there now....[&:]

Thank you very much
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:22 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BonesNTX

Now about that xtra "contaminated" freon that's in there now....[&:]
Don't worry about it, you're an expert backyard mechanic and you know that you did it right.
Old July 9th, 2007, 12:52 PM
CF Junior Member

There you go with your superfulous BS again.....Come on....Be Nice!

Driving today on highway....Outside Temp @ 89 and dash vent only down to 42?
Too much freon now that I added that 12 ounces?

*** Well...About same time thee AC began it's downhill turn on coolness, there was a funny noise in the dash/vents....Kind of sounded like a little bike for a mouse with a card slappin the spokes. That went away.
BUT....There is still an unusual sound there maybe in the middle dash vent? (kind of sounds like the card fell off the bike)

Oh man it just doesn't end does it?

FYI....I fix stuff in the front yard under an Oak Tree

Have been looking into a H2 last week to replace this falling to bits 100Kmile Z71...But like my Wife said I 'll have same problems in another 3-4 yrs as it is same vehicle with different body works.

Thanks
Old July 9th, 2007, 1:57 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

42F out the vents if great, does it still not feel cool enough to you?
Is the system able to get the interior comfortable now?

The noise I'm not sure about could be something as simple as a leaf or some other foreign object caught in
the vent.

As far as the extra can of refrigerant that you put in I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it, the system has a large capacity and it shouldn't hurt a thing so long as it was only 1 can.
If you want take a pressure reading off the low side after it has run for at least 3 minutes and report that to me along with the outside temp and the humidity level.
Old July 9th, 2007, 2:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Per my first post I was at 39 degrees lowet when the condensor was full of water. That 39 was not typical however of it's operation but was reached sporadically.

It is not cooling as well as it did prior to the problem starting.
I'll try to get the preesure and temp readings for you tonight

Thanks
Old July 9th, 2007, 4:04 PM
CF Senior Member

ZX you are truly a great guy. After the first ridiculous reply I would of let this guy drown in his own truck.

Hey bones,, next time you might want to leave the internet tough guy routine at home in your sock drawer when you're looking for help. ZX is by far the most respected and valued member of this forum and I'm sure you pissed off pretty much everyone by acting like an azz.
Old July 9th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Received 159 Likes on 157 Posts

ORIGINAL: doo600

ZX you are truly a great guy. After the first ridiculous reply I would of let this guy drown in his own truck.

Hey bones,, next time you might want to leave the internet tough guy routine at home in your sock drawer when you're looking for help. ZX is by far the most respected and valued member of this forum and I'm sure you pissed off pretty much everyone by acting like an azz.
I agree with both.

Yeah, not bad for a guy that admitted up front that his gages weren't very good and he has an anger mgmt problem. Nothing like trying to troubleshoot something long distance with bad data.
Old July 10th, 2007, 8:54 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: doo600

You guys sure kicked in some good advice....You and the Shark

Let's get the new guy and beat him up! Is that what you are all about?

Imagine I may know some things you don't? Maybe even some things you've never heard of even auto related?

Where can I get help for anger mgmt? Might need some of that...Or was that just more beating on the new guy? I think it was truly and therfore maybe you are in need of the anger mgmt?

I'm just trying to fix my CHEVY AC....and make a new friend or two!

You guys take care....Try getting in on a thread prior to page 3 if you think you can help....If you can't help....Go play with your socks
Old July 10th, 2007, 8:59 AM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: BonesNTX
I'm just trying to fix my CHEVY AC....and make a new friend or two!
You have astrange way of making friends. Sorry I didn't get intil page 3, the topic didn't interest me...kinda like this conversation.
Old July 10th, 2007, 9:09 AM
CF Junior Member

OK, so you didn't come to offer any help/advice but just to suck up to ZX and bash the new guy in trouble. Finally interesting enough for you at page 3.

I've needed this BB for years and finally found it the other day only to be bashed. So typical for BBs and treatment of the new guys..."Newbie is here....Another stupid bast@# that knows nothing of the world"

You had the chance to be bigger than that.

You, Sir have a strange way of making friends.

Quick Reply: 2004 AC Not Cold - just cooling