Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2004 Suburban Radio Wiring

Search this Thread

Old December 31st, 2023, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Suburban Radio Wiring

Hello everyone, I recently purchased an 04 Suburban that had a few thing needing to be worked on. The previous owner cut all the radio harness wires to replace with a newer radio. It also appears like he attempted to wire in a rear auxiliary speaker, but he did not get very far. I attempted to wire in the new radio just to find out the only live wire was getting power off a wire that was wrapped around a fuse in the main engine compartment. There's still a few random wires running to the rear seat that I'm probably just going to cut out. I'm trying to figure out which wiring assembly I need to just completely replace the radio wires coming from the main hub.

In a separate but most likely related issue, the heated seats are also malfunctioning with randomly turning on and off, but I disconnected the power to the seat so it doesn't actually turn it on. It still hear the switch cycling on and off and wonder if it's related to the wiring mess the previous owner left me.

I keep trying to find the correct wiring harness that goes all the way back to the relay, but I can only find the harness that attaches directly to the radio.

Thanks for any help in advance!