Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Seat not folding down

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2023, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat not folding down

On my 2016 Suburban LTZ, I am having issues with folding down the 2nd (mid) row 1 seat (the 2 seat portion of the bench folds just fine). The back is stuck upright. Pulling the latch lever on the side of the seat or the loop from the backseat does not work to fold the back down. It sounds like it's releasing internally (clicking) but the back remains upright and can't be forced down. These are the kinds of seats that are motorized and controlled by switches by the rear liftgate, using those switches makes no difference either, just a clicking noise and nothing. Tried to see if I could remove the seat to get a better look, but it appears that a leg bracket for the 2 seat portion is overlapping on TOP of the 1 seat portion so I'd have to effectively remove the entire bench to get that one seat out.

Any other brilliant ideas on things I can check before having to go to those lengths? Thanks!
Old December 31st, 2023, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2015 LT Suburban and having the exact same problem. 2nd row bucket seat is stuck upright (but not 100% upright, so nobody can even sit in this seat until it's fixed). I haven't found any youtube videos or tips online to fix this. Asked the dealer, and they said that they would have to charge me $600 just to inspect and figure out the issue. They did say that it would require removing the carpet and taking the seat out. I'm probably just going to try and do this myself and see what I can find.