Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2004 Z-71 A/C Issue (Battery Related)

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2007, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Z-71 A/C Issue (Battery Related)

The other day, battery died. No biggie, it's been hot as *****, it was bound to happen. Next day, truck won't cool down....wtf?! A/C on driver's side is blowing ice cold....I feel the passenger side, and it's hot as hell.....not ambient outside air, but HEATER like air.

Curious to know if any of you guys have heard, or experienced this before. I have an 04 Tahoe with the electronic climate control. Rear air is fine....driver's side vents are fine.....passenger side is HOT!

Help me out guys! Thanks

...update...
Disconnected/reconnected the battery again, and then all of the vents blew super hot air. So, went back disconnected/reconnected again! ...and it went back to cool on the driver's side and extremely hot on the passenger side....

WTF?! I've heard that it may be the actuator? ....underneath the passenger kick panel... Not sure....maybe one of you gurus have had this issue already...

Old August 14th, 2007, 2:29 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2004 Z-71 A/C Issue (Battery Related)

ttt
Old August 16th, 2007, 4:49 PM
cw
CF Beginner

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with my Avalanche. I took it in to have the transmission rebuilt after only 70,000 miles, and when I got it back I have the exact problem you are describing. I haven't tried anything with the battery yet. My first inclination was to think that the transmission place messed something up, but they said they wouldn't have been anywhere near anything related to climate control. I tend to agree, but it is awefully coincidental. I was wondering if you ever found a solution. If so, did you have it fixed or fix it yourself? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old August 18th, 2007, 4:59 PM
CF Beginner

been seeing a lot of problems with temp actuators on 04 and 05 trucks.ther is a program update for air flow concerns that usually fixes this without replacing parts.even if you replace the actuator yourself ,it will need to be calibrated with a scanner.