Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2006 Suburban not blowing air

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2020, 9:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Suburban not blowing air

New guy here needing some help. I have a 2006 Suburban with 197,000 miles and the ac just stopped blowing.....nothing out the front vents or defrost. Every now and then when the a/c is on driving down the road it just shuts itself off and starts blowing hot. When you shut the truck off and restart it, it starts working again. This last time though when I went to start the truck nothing happens. No air at all come out the vents. I have been having trouble with it blowing for sometime not being able to use speeds 4 and 5. I have been told that the blower motor and resistor are probably going out. I just changed the two of these out hoping this would solve things but it didn't. I checked the fuses and they look good. Nothing is coming out the vents in the front. The back vents blow cold. Thoughts? Please help.

Thank you.
Old September 2nd, 2020, 12:02 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 137 Posts

This happened on my 2005 Yukon, was one of the actuators under the dash that let in hot air; at first I just moved the actuator to the correct (AC) position and unplugged the harness to keep it like that, figured we rarely used the heat in Arizona.

A year later I ended up buying a Dorman aftermarket actuator to fix it correctly, and had to go through the "wave a chicken over your head while standing on one foot" to initialize that. OK since then.