Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2007, 8:37 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

Anyone with any updates?
Old February 6th, 2007, 8:40 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not yet, but I went ahead and ordered the LEDs yesterday (it's an itch I just have to scratch!).......... should be able to update in a couple of weeks.
Old February 7th, 2007, 4:23 PM
CF Active Member

Thats cool. Let me know as soon as you get things working and how you did it, whether just plug and play or some innovative wiring.
Old February 9th, 2007, 7:54 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

This is very hard to research from an office but I have taken a moment and hear is what I can offer for now.

The Escalade (called a Z75) has a tail lamp circuit board that is built into the lamp assembly, the Tahoe does not have this curcuit.

The Yellow, Yellow/Black and/or Dark Green wires for the stop lamps and turn signals.

Black wire is ground.

Brown wire is for side markers (park) lamps.

Back-up lamp wire is Light Green.

The wire colors are the same on Tahoe and Escalade, there is a possiblity that the Dark Green wire is not found on the Tahoe.
ZX,

I was wondering if you still have access to the Tahoe/Escalade wiring diagrams. I received my esky taillights today and have determined the following functions:

Escalade Lights:
Yellow -rumored to be lamp out return
Blue - Stop/Turn
Black - Ground
Brown - Park/Side Marker
Dark Green with Orange stripe - Reverse
Pink with Black stripe - unknown -

Tahoe Lights:
Light Green - Reverse
Brown - Park/Side Marker
Black - Ground
Blue - Stop
Yellow -Turn & Hazard Flasher

Can you tell me what the function is of the yellow wire present in both the Tahoe & Escalade lights? (possibly a feedback for lamp burn out detection?) And, what is the purpose of the Pink with Black stripe wire on the Escalade lights? I was able to verify all of the above with a DVM & a 9v battery (i.e., the lightswork without either the yellow or pink/black connected).

Thanks in advance....
Old February 9th, 2007, 8:07 PM
CF Beginner

so konasmrz...did the escalade lights fit on your tahoe and work good with the exception of those 2 wires you don't know what they are for??
Old February 9th, 2007, 8:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now we are getting somewhere. Can't wait until this is finally figured out!!!
Old February 9th, 2007, 8:18 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: TxFireman

so konasmrz...did the escalade lights fit on your tahoe and work good with the exception of those 2 wires you don't know what they are for??
The lights work as I tested them with a 9v battery for power - that's how I verified wire function. I have not installed them on the truck yet, but they look like they should fit fine. I got these from GMpartsdirect today (yes I paid the big bucks for new instead of boneyard) & of course the left one has a cracked corner from the factory - box had no signs of damage. So I am waiting to see what GMpartsdirect's response to my email will be. Yes I could glue the broken piece on, but after what I spent ($450)I have a hard time accepting that scenario.
Old February 10th, 2007, 2:56 AM
CF Beginner

i don"t know guys the esclades tails are sweet looking but i just don"t see them meshing with the tahoes front endjust my opinion
Old February 12th, 2007, 1:42 AM
CF Junior Member

Konasmrz thanks for the constant updates. Ihavebeenfollowing this thread now since it started and wanted to tell you that I appreciate your post.
I am looking forward to you getting to the bottom of this. Once you get it done, I too will have it done on mine as wll. One question; you mentioned in your first post that a wiring harness was needed, is this still the case? Thanks again.
Best,
D
Old February 12th, 2007, 1:48 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While you are installing these LED's please take pictures of the process showing the wiring and any extras you hato add. There are more than few here waiting for the results since you volunteered yourself the guinea pig. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap