Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2007, 1:43 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

Hi. Yes, do let us know (in short), what all we will need to do to get the swap working perfectly... ASAP.
Old February 12th, 2007, 2:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Davis7007

Konasmrz thanks for the constant updates. Ihavebeenfollowing this thread now since it started and wanted to tell you that I appreciate your post.
I am looking forward to you getting to the bottom of this. Once you get it done, I too will have it done on mine as wll. One question; you mentioned in your first post that a wiring harness was needed, is this still the case? Thanks again.
Best,
D
The harness comes with the taillight assembly, so you don't need to order those separately. I am currently in a holding pattern awaiting word back from GMpartsdirect on what they will do about the one damaged light I received before I finish the install. Last time I sent them an email it took several days before I got a response.

Otherwise, once I get a new light I anticipate about 2 hours to do the wiring (splice the Tahoe 5 pin connector onto the Escalade 6 wire harness) and physically install (the physical install will only take ~ 5 minutes - I've had the lights off before & there's nothing to it). Only question remaining is what the Escalade pink/black wire is for (question pending for ZX). If nothing else I plan to leave it disconnected as I already verified wire designation/light function with a battery & everything seems to work.

Yes I will take pics & post when complete.........
Old February 12th, 2007, 4:59 PM
CF Active Member

Maybe we can put this to bed soon with a happy ending...Meaning a swap with minimal wiring.
Old February 13th, 2007, 7:41 PM
CF Active Member

ZX,

Here is a picture of the Escalade Taillight connector (and the unknown functionpink/black wire) I PM'd you about.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4713/C1314411D8F64B6AA838E143B8F555F9.jpg[/IMG]
Old February 13th, 2007, 8:18 PM
CF Active Member

Konasmrz....I got the wiring schematics for the Tahoe and the Escalade tail lights from my Chevy/Cadilac dealer. They were faxed to me but the print is small. Got a strong pair of glasses and looked at them and it looked all greek to me. I can fax them to you if you like and maybe you can make them out. Let me know.
Old February 13th, 2007, 8:27 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: sjenkinzz

Konasmrz....I got the wiring schematics for the Tahoe and the Escalade tail lights from my Chevy/Cadilac dealer. They were faxed to me but the print is small. Got a strong pair of glasses and looked at them and it looked all greek to me. I can fax them to you if you like and maybe you can make them out. Let me know.
PM with fax # sent.......
Old February 14th, 2007, 11:59 AM
CF Active Member

I have faxed them to Konasmrz and Scott....Hope you guys can do some magic.
Old February 15th, 2007, 4:30 AM
CF Beginner

After review this whole thread, I think you guys would have been better off just buying an Escalade..... my 2 cents.
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:36 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: kernal

After review this whole thread, I think you guys would have been better off just buying an Escalade..... my 2 cents.
Kernal, If I wanted an Escalade, I would have bought an Escalade. I do not happen to like the look of all the chrome - but I'm not going to criticize those that do.This particular post has over 1500 hits at present, so obviously there are more than a few people interested in this mod. & I would guess that most of them own Tahoes, not Escalades. I guess that you are not personally into the challenge of customizing your vehicles.

When I get this done I'll post pics - I'm sure that some will like the look, and others will not. But then again that's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors.......
The following users liked this post:
Old Car Guy (October 7th, 2022)
Old February 15th, 2007, 1:54 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: kernal

ORIGINAL: konasmrz

Kernal, If I wanted an Escalade, I would have bought an Escalade. I do not happen to like the look of all the chrome - but I'm not going to criticize those that do.This particular post has over 1500 hits at present, so obviously there are more than a few people interested in this mod. & I would guess that most of them own Tahoes, not Escalades. I guess that you are not personally into the challenge of customizing your vehicles.

When I get this done I'll post pics - I'm sure that some will like the look, and others will not. But then again that's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors.......
I second konasmrz. I not a fan of mega chrome either, not to mention the escalade being $15K more. I glad that konasmrz is trying the LED's and I know for a fact once pictures are posted of the completed project, there will be many more to follow.

Not only do the LED's look nicer in my opinion, they have far better visibilty especially during the day making it a little more safer.

Quick Reply: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap