Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2007, 8:03 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

The schematics that we have available for Cadillac are not complete, I have no experience with the variations in that product either but after talking to some that do, it is believed that the PK/BK wire may simply be a separate power wire to illuminate the extra row of brake lamp LED’s.

There are multiple vertical rows of LED's, and it may simply power them separately, try a 9v battery to it with the ground wire (and no others) connected to see what it does, it will not harm the unit.
Old February 15th, 2007, 9:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked a GM tech. He said the

yellow = tail lamp outage detection signal

pink with black strip = Roof Beacon Lamp

I hope this can help us...?
[align=right] [/align]
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:09 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

The schematics that we have available for Cadillac are not complete, I have no experience with the variations in that product either but after talking to some that do, it is believed that the PK/BK wire may simply be a separate power wire to illuminate the extra row of brake lamp LED's.

There are multiple vertical rows of LED's, and it may simply power them separately, try a 9v battery to it with the ground wire (and no others) connected to see what it does, it will not harm the unit.
That's what I originally did to verify operation - used a 9v battery - both banks of brake LEDs lit up with full intensity (they are on the same circuit); full banks draw next to nothing in current. If PatrykKoul's information is correct then I interpret the pink/black to be an output (feed to the highmount stop LEDs in the Esky - not an secondary +12v input to the taillight) - so simply leaving it disconnected should be ok. Verifying this will be easy enough once I connect it up it will be a simple matter of attaching a DVM to the pink/black wire & watching if it energizes to +12 when the stop lamps come on. - Or - it could also be a "light out" feedback from the Esky highmount stop passed through through the taillight to the yellow "light out" feedback circuit. One way or another we'll figure it out.

I'm just curious why his directionals are not working.
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:38 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Konasmrz,
Did you ever hear anything from gm parts direct? I have heard their customer service is terrible?
Old February 16th, 2007, 12:40 AM
CF Beginner

has anyone tried mounting the llights on a 07 avalanche yet?
Old February 16th, 2007, 7:11 AM
CF Junior Member

So my turning signals are working, they are just flashing really fast. I thought they didn't work at all. Apparently I need resistors, but I don't know what ohm load???
Old February 16th, 2007, 11:21 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: biglg

Konasmrz,
Did you ever hear anything from gm parts direct? I have heard their customer service is terrible?
They replied back via email on the 12th stating that they were going to have Fedex pickup the bad part within 1-2 business days. After waiting 3 business days with no pickup I called Fedex myself and was told that there was no record of a pickup request having been issued. I emailed them (GMpartsdirect) last night requesting they issue the pickup request and email me the confirmation number. Don't know where this is going yet, but I can always dispute the credit card charge if necessary. Still too early to tell about GMpartsdirect's quality of customer service; I'll give them a couple of days to address my latest email. All I know is with the number of people watching this post I would hope GMpartsdirect realizes that they have a lot of visibility here.
Old February 16th, 2007, 11:27 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: PatrykKoul

So my turning signals are working, they are just flashing really fast. I thought they didn't work at all. Apparently I need resistors, but I don't know what ohm load???
Put an ohm meter across the incandescent bulb in your original harness; then do the same across the stop/turn and gnd circuit (blue & solid black wires) in the Esky harness and determine the difference.
Old February 16th, 2007, 2:12 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The PK/BK wire is not part of the "Roof Beacon" system.
That system consists of three different color wires which are RD/WH, D-GN and BK.
Old February 16th, 2007, 2:14 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

The PK/BK wire is not part of the "Roof Beacon" system.
That system consists of three different color wires which are RD/WH, D-GN and BK.
What the hell is a roof beacon...are you guys driving lighthouses?

I assume it's the 3rd tailight?

Quick Reply: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap