Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2007, 6:08 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

I would sell them to you, but I sold my Denali Tail Lights the day I bought the car, and put OEM all red standard Yukon ones one. I hated the look of the Denali ones.

Ok, so the Escalade tail lights are a square shape at the top and come to a 90 degree angle, and so do the bottom of the escalade vent caps. The Yukon and Tahoes are rounded and don't have that 90 degree square. No biggies, when they are on you can't tell. Maybe I'll get escalade vent caps later. Here is a pic with the difference.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../1EskyRear.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...1YukonRear.jpg
Old February 24th, 2007, 12:12 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok all,

I'm close to finalizing this entire process. When I do I will create a new, clean post with specific data on how to do the swap - this one is way too long. But I wanted to give you all a heads up. DO NOT BUY the US version Escalade Taillights P/N 15890422 & 15890423 for conversion in a Tahoe or Yukon. I have these and because the Escalade (US version) taillights use a common double row of LEDs for stop AND turn (1 circuit), and the Tahoe/Yukon has a separate circuit (1 each for stop and turn) if you use the US version you will have to create an external circuit to integrate stop/turn circuits from the Yukon/Tahoe into a single feed for the Esky taillights that still discriminates so that the stop signal does not override the turn (i.e., stays on instead of flashes for turn). I will detail this in the new post as I am already too far down the path...

Knowing what I know now & if I could start over I would identify the part #'s for the Euro version Esky Taillights. These have 2 separate circuits just like the US Tahoe/Yukon - so wiring them up would be a far simpler 1:1 process. The Euro taillights have a 4th row of LEDs on the inboard side of the taillight where the US version has a reflector (see pic below - look close) I'm going to throw out the challenge to someone else to ID the Euro part #'s and how to get them then post back results for other's benefit as I've already done the "heavy lifting" on this one and am committed to integrating the US versions (but the Euros look much cooler....) Unless of course someone wants to buy the US versions from me I'll sell them for what I paid then figure out how to get the Euros.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/4713/809B761CA25D4624865F1C189432B670.jpg[/IMG]
Old February 24th, 2007, 12:22 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: konasmrz

ORIGINAL: biglg

Konasmrz,
Did you ever hear anything from gm parts direct? I have heard their customer service is terrible?
They replied back via email on the 12th stating that they were going to have Fedex pickup the bad part within 1-2 business days. After waiting 3 business days with no pickup I called Fedex myself and was told that there was no record of a pickup request having been issued. I emailed them (GMpartsdirect) last night requesting they issue the pickup request and email me the confirmation number. Don't know where this is going yet, but I can always dispute the credit card charge if necessary. Still too early to tell about GMpartsdirect's quality of customer service; I'll give them a couple of days to address my latest email. All I know is with the number of people watching this post I would hope GMpartsdirect realizes that they have a lot of visibility here.
Just so everyone knows - GMpartsdirect did right by me. They replaced the damaged taillight (sent out the replacement the same day they received the bad one) and I had it the next day. Only challenge is that all communications with them are via email. The delay problem was not their fault, it was Fedex's. Those idiots lost the call ticket on the truck and after five days of their computer showing that it was "on the truck for delivery", they finally agreed to reissue the pickup ticket & came the next day. For what it's worth, referencing the tracking number today for the hell of it still shows that it's "on the truck for delivery". I guess they sent it to the wrong Stargate address........
Old February 24th, 2007, 4:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I was just getting ready to buy the US version.
Old February 27th, 2007, 1:27 AM
CF Senior Member

ok i've had my truck for two weeks and allready did this swap and i'm willing to sell the whole thing for $750 this will include two factory escalade (2007)tail lights custom smoked + 2 top end caps painted white. the tailk lights have allready been modified to work with the tahoe they will plug in and work with no other mod needed if anybody is interested in this please pm me
Old February 27th, 2007, 3:42 AM
CF Active Member

Jazzy,

Do you have any pics of the lights ?
Old February 27th, 2007, 2:16 PM
CF Senior Member

yep i will take some pics today or tommorow i will actually put them back on my truck and tak some pics too
Old February 27th, 2007, 2:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Jazejeff,
why are you wanting to sell the tail lights?
how did you get them to work? did you do the install or did you take it to the dealer?
Old February 27th, 2007, 2:57 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: Davis7007

Jazejeff,
why are you wanting to sell the tail lights?
how did you get them to work? did you do the install or did you take it to the dealer?
Yeah, most of the guys on here are waiting for the procedure to do this swap. Details would be great.
Old February 27th, 2007, 3:01 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It kind of sounded to me like he would sell the details for $750!

Just give it some time! Konasmrz is almost there and done with his. He will have the answers soon enough, FREE of charge too!

Quick Reply: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap