Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

Search this Thread

Old February 16th, 2007, 2:21 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

ORIGINAL: doo600
What the hell is a roof beacon...are you guys driving lighthouses?

I assume it's the 3rd tailight?
[/quote]

Now that's funny...
Old February 16th, 2007, 2:39 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

The PK/BK wire is not part of the "Roof Beacon" system.
That system consists of three different color wires which are RD/WH, D-GN and BK.

The roof beaconconsists ofthe twin rows of lights that run the full length of the top of the vehicle so you can land helicopters on the roof at night. You mean to say that your Tahoe did not come from the factory so equipped?????
Old February 16th, 2007, 5:16 PM
CF Junior Member

http://www.strobes-r-us.com/strobesrus_022.htm

Here is the link for replacement roof beacons. I have 4 of these in blue on my roof.

http://www.strobes-r-us.com/strobesrus022005.jpg
Old February 16th, 2007, 6:51 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: konasmrz

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

The PK/BK wire is not part of the "Roof Beacon" system.
That system consists of three different color wires which are RD/WH, D-GN and BK.

The roof beaconconsists ofthe twin rows of lights that run the full length of the top of the vehicle so you can land helicopters on the roof at night. You mean to say that your Tahoe did not come from the factory so equipped?????
WTF??? I thought I got every option but the folding steps. Damn, Now I gotta go buy a couple rows of lights for the roof. Does anyone have the part # and the procedure for installing the roof lights? Then again, I bet Cadillac has roof LED's...that might be better.
Old February 16th, 2007, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

hi everyone,

im new to this whole forum deal. this isthe very first forum i've ever joined. i read the issue everyone is having with the escalade led tail swap on tahoes. i work for streetbeat customs and i too have a 2007 chevy tahoe. i bought the taillights thinking it was going to be a plug and play matter but no sir it wasn't.....!!! there is alot of hard wiring needed to be done on the taillights to work with the tahoe. i have not yet done it myself because of time matters but will do it next week or so.the fitting of the taillights is not perfect, the cadillac taillight sticks out a bit and is more boxy. the taillights that are a plug n play deal and fit perfect are the denali taillights but [:'(], in my opinion they do not look good!!! they have the black housing and a clear lense. i have a black tahoe and didnt like the way they looked......
Old February 17th, 2007, 6:11 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: PatrykKoul

So my turning signals are working, they are just flashing really fast. I thought they didn't work at all. Apparently I need resistors, but I don't know what ohm load???
Talked with a friend of mine who is one of those guys that has a knowledge for about everything. He suggested using a electric or a heavy duty turn signal flasher. He said the LED's were pulling less amps thus the flasher was acting like a turn signal bulb was out. He said the flasher would either flash super fast or not at all if a bulb is burned out. Have you tried changing the flasher?

Konasmrz....have you installed one of the tail lights to see about the fit. Can't remember who said in this subject that the Escalade tail lamp was not an exact fit???
Old February 17th, 2007, 6:40 PM
CF Junior Member

I dunno who said they don't fit, the fit perfect. They bolt right up. The Escalade and the Denali are the same car as the exterior body is concerned, minus the front end, rear tail lights, rear 3rd brake light. I don't have mine on the car anymore due to the problems. I'm working day by day to fix, so once I solve all the problems completely, they'll be on the car.
Old February 17th, 2007, 6:47 PM
CF Active Member

BlkTahoe said in his post....

the fitting of the taillights is not perfect, the cadillac taillight sticks out a bit and is more boxy. the taillights that are a plug n play deal and fit perfect are the denali taillights

Old February 17th, 2007, 11:49 PM
CF Junior Member

They stick out more, cause that's the Escalades look. My rear bumper and the escalade rear bumper are the same. The rear quarter pannel is the same, the hatch is the same, the vent caps look different cause the escalade ones have the grove, but they are the same size. So how could the lights not fit...? crazy. Yeah they don't plug and play, we already know this. I already have Denali lights, they come stock on my car... I don't care much for them.
Old February 18th, 2007, 1:07 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PATRY,
When you get those escalade lights working let me know what you want for your denali lights. I will take them if the price is right!

Quick Reply: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap