Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2007, 2:06 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap

ORIGINAL: konasmrz

ZX,

Here is a picture of the Escalade Taillight connector (and the unknown functionpink/black wire) I PM'd you about.
I've been reading along here, and I hope you don't mind a guess. So what's the primary difference between the Escalade & Tahoe tail lights?....LED's. So there's this string of little LED's connected to a voltage supply capable of delivering enormous amounts of current. The currentflowing in an LED is an exponential function of voltage across the LED.A small change in voltage can produce a huge change in current and could shorten the life of the LED substantially. But resistors aren't like that. The current and voltage in a resistor are linearly related. That means that a change in voltage will produce a proportional change in current. So, could the mystery wire be connected to a current limiting, or perhaps a load resistor?
Old February 15th, 2007, 2:34 PM
CF Active Member

Here's another possibility. The wire is a function of the cruise control. It goes back to the ECM to tell it that you're pressing on the brakes so it kicks out the cruise. Without it, there is so little current, the cruise control doesn't know to disconnect.
Old February 15th, 2007, 2:42 PM
CF Active Member

I don't think so because the park &turn/stop LEDs and incandescent reverse lights share the same ground path. The load would have to be inserted before the common return (black wire).Also,it would make more sense to put the voltage regulation on the onboard pcb in the taillight housing.

Only the schematics will tell for sure.
Old February 15th, 2007, 2:52 PM
CF Active Member

Nope - the pink/black wire is not present in the Tahoe harness so cruise is not dependent on it. It is something unique to the Escalade.
Old February 15th, 2007, 3:19 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: konasmrz

Nope - the pink/black wire is not present in the Tahoe harness so cruise is not dependent on it. It is something unique to the Escalade.
That's what I mean. That pink/black wire in the Escalade harness could be running back to the ECM to "notify" it that the brakes are on. The Tahoe doesn't need it because there's enough current draw to measure.
Old February 15th, 2007, 3:54 PM
CF Senior Member

If I'm correct, the cruise cancel is integrated into the brake switch on the pedal itself.
The following users liked this post:
Old Car Guy (October 7th, 2022)
Old February 15th, 2007, 4:39 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw someone had the schematics sent to them? could I get them as well? I have mine hooked up how I thought they should be, and my turning signals don't work in the rear. Please let me know if you need a fax, or if you can email them to me. Thanks
Old February 15th, 2007, 5:13 PM
CF Active Member

PM sent
Old February 15th, 2007, 5:47 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: PatrykKoul

I saw someone had the schematics sent to them? could I get them as well? I have mine hooked up how I thought they should be, and my turning signals don't work in the rear. Please let me know if you need a fax, or if you can email them to me. Thanks
PatrykKoul,

How did you wire them? What did you do with the pink/black wire?
ps. I sent you my cell # if you'd rather talk in more detail.
Old February 15th, 2007, 6:28 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Konasmrz....I talked with my guy at the Chevy/Caddy store. Told him what we needed. He said he would have the guy pull up another layer deeper for wiring colors. I told him that if he could just look and let me know exactly what the pink/black goes to, that would be OK but better if schematic could be obtained. Let you know tomorrow.

Quick Reply: 2007 Escalade > 2007 Tahoe Tail light swap