Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban Dead battery

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2009, 1:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer replaced our OEM battery due to this "draining" issue but didn't mention that there was an update "flash" to correct the problem. I am calling them tomorrow to verify if they did the update or not. They said I had one bad cell, that is why it was going dead all the time. Hummmmmmm!
Old October 7th, 2009, 6:28 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hardin Thicke
.....Yes, the OEM battery is a POS. Mine has died twice, and almost a third, but still lives after 60,000 miles.
It died a third time. I was doing some work on the interior, and kept resetting the ignition after the power would turn off. It then sat for about a week and a half unused (don't drive it to work anymore) and when I tried it...D E D... I think I'm going to get another Yellow Top for the starting position.
Old October 9th, 2009, 7:35 AM
CF Junior Member

I dont drive my tahoe much. It could sit for 3-4 weeks at a time. I used to leave my doors unlocked in the garage. My battery died twice this way. Well barely cranked

So I tried locking the door by the key fob. I have not had a problem since.

2009 tahoe ltz 6.2l

Dennis
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:06 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default agreed

Locking the doors does seem to save power somehow, i guess they all assume we lock them when we leave it?

My tahoe is INSIDE my garage w/a closed door... i dont like having to press unlock all the time if i leave it... even unlocked, it's insured...

why wasn't the 6.2 w/integrated brake controller an option?! I'd love to have had the 6.2L, but why isn't it AWD like the esky?

they told me my battery had a bad cell as well... is that common or is that what they put so its covered under warrenty?
Old October 9th, 2009, 5:20 PM
CF Junior Member

They did make the 6.2l with the brake controller option. My bro in law has it on his. We have teh exact same truck except for that option. I dont have it . he does. I mean the build sheets are identical except for that option. Well one more. My truck came with the chrome clad wheels. I had them swap them out for the polished alum.

I run elect over hydrolic brakes. They say the intergrated brake controller does not work well with them. I have a prodigy setup. Real nice.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 7:43 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by agtkgv
There is a battery drain down recall on 07 Subs. Not sure if it is on all, but I know it was on 2500's. Check with your dealer... It's a computer flash I believe.
agtkgv,
Any chance you could provide me with the service bulletin so I could give this to my dealer? I'm experiencing the same dead battery issues(have been for a year+) on our 07 Suburban 2500 4WD.

Thanks,
-John
Old November 22nd, 2010, 9:45 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

This thread is over a year old. agtkgv is probably not around. Your dealer can scan your ECM & BCM and will be able to tell if yours has the battery rundown upgrade software installed.
Old November 24th, 2010, 2:55 PM
CF Beginner

I just had this done today by my dealer on my 07 Taho LTZ...i have been having issues on and off for the past 12months and decided to buy a new battery and not even a few days later...DEAD. I had RECALL # 07033 done. There are a couple different ones out there depending on your vin#. However, it cost me $86 for he flash upgrade due to the Recall being timed out/expired, but my dealer tole me to contact GM diectly and they should reimburse me since I was never notified.
Old November 30th, 2010, 4:44 PM
CF Beginner

If your battery after being load tested is at a reading of 10.0 volts the battery is fine. Anything from 9.6V and up is good. I had the yellow optima battery and it was junk continually died. If you have a huge set up connected to your car you might want to look into a deep cycle battery. Although, they are recommended for rv/marine use, they do indeed can be used to automotive usage. The whole idea of a deep cycle battery is to use a low amount of amperage over a long period of time. All car functions will operate normally and battery will last longer with all accessories.

Last edited by wetz19; November 30th, 2010 at 4:49 PM.
Old October 1st, 2011, 9:01 AM
CF Beginner

problems with automatic back hatch

Quick Reply: 2007 Suburban Dead battery