Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban High Beams stuck on

Search this Thread

Old March 28th, 2013, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Suburban High Beams stuck on

I have a 2007 Chevy Suburban. When the headlights turn on, I only get high beams and they wont turn off. I have replaced the multi-switch on the column and that has not fixed the problem. I have read that it may be the relay. Where would this relay be or is there another possible fix?
Old March 28th, 2013, 10:44 PM
CF Active Member

The relay is located under the hood in the fuse block. This is located on the Driver's side under the hood.

Please see page #556 for the start of the fuse section for your truck. It is quite possible that the relay has failed.

__h ttp://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/owners-manual/chevrolet/2007-Chevrolet-Suburban.pdf--
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mulmur1
The relay is located under the hood in the fuse block. This is located on the Driver's side under the hood.

Please see page #556 for the start of the fuse section for your truck. It is quite possible that the relay has failed.

__h ttp://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/owners-manual/chevrolet/2007-Chevrolet-Suburban.pdf--

Thanks Brad,

I have swapped the low beam relay with others of the same size and still no fix. There doesn't seem to be a high beam relay of the plug and play variety. Any other ideas?
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Just for clarification, are the Hi beams actually on, or is it just the Hi beam indicator on the IP?
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Suburban High Beams stuck on-hibeam.jpg  
Old March 29th, 2013, 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

The high beam indicator gores off and on, but the high beams are always on even with the key out of the ignition when the car is off. I must pull the fuses to get them to go off.
Old March 29th, 2013, 8:26 PM
CF Active Member

Jason,

Unfortunately, it appears that the high beam relay is part of the fuse block. I have attached a link about the same problem with another user. They replaced the stalk switch as you have and it didn't resolve the issue. In the end, they replaced the fuse block, through the dealer.

Please take a look at this. It is also a 2007. This may be what is required to solve your problem.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...urn-off-32374/

Anyone know where the High Beam Relay is?? - Chevy Tahoe Forum | GMC Yukon Forum | Tahoe Z71 | Cadillac Escalade - Tahoe Yukon Forum

I also found this link which also notes that unfortunately, the highbeam relay is part of the printed circuit board. You could try removing is with a soldering iron or replacing the circuit board.

how do i stall the fuse block in my 2007 chevy surburban - JustAnswer

gmpartsdirect.com lists the part as junction block $370.59 retail, online $219.69

It is too bad that the highbeam relay was consolidated into this board.

Good luck with the repair.
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:14 PM
CF Beginner

Brad,
I have seen those links noting the PCB relay. It appears as if I will have to bite the bullet if I want bright lights! Thanks for your help. One last thing, what would I be trying to accomplish with the soldering iron if I did find the high beam circuit? I do have a soldering iron, but limited experience or knowledge of a PCB. Am I just trying to sever the electrical connection?
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:28 PM
CF Active Member

Jason,

You would need to identify the high beam relay portion of the PCB. It is possible, that you could remove the high beam relay portion with a soldering iron. This would sever the connection and your high beam problem would end. It may be extreme as you would not have high beams, but PCB is expensive and is a big job to replace.

Hopefully you can get this behind you soon.