Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban LTZ Dash, NAV and Intrument Cluster Issue

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2013, 6:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Suburban LTZ Dash, NAV and Intrument Cluster Issue

Hello all. We recently purchased my wife a 2007 Suburban LTZ with about 84K miles. It is in great shape, but have recently had a electrical issue that I wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction.

We were on about an hour drive the other day while using the NAV for directions and just noticed that it appeared to reset 3-4 times. On the way home that evening when I turned on the bright lights the NAV, AC controls and dash lights stopped working. I turned the brights off and they came back on. Hit them again and everything normal. She has now noticed that on her 3 mile drive to work the NAV screen will sometimes appear to reboot.

I think or would assume that something is getting overloaded like a voltage regulator or something of that nature. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old September 13th, 2013, 7:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also noticed an intermittent flicker of the headlights. I checked the battery connections and they appear to be clean and fee of corrosion. The grabbed them a attempted to move them but they were very snug.

Any suggestions guys?
Old September 13th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

garner74,

I see you are trying to repair this concern. If you end up needing to have your GM dealership look into this concern, please let us know. We would like to try an assist.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

garner74 welcome to the forum

Being tight doesn't mean they are making good connection, corrosion can build up under the connections, or within the cable jacket itself...
Remove the battery cables and clean and inspect, both surfaces need to clean and near shiny... check the batteries ground cable connection to the body...
Check the connections at the alternator, remove, clean and re-install is the only way to be sure connection is good..
Depending on how old the battery is, it may need to be replaced, just because it starts doesn't make it good... (makes you lucky ) have it load tested along with the charging system...
Most battery and tire places have the ability to do those test, along with your local dealership...

EDIT: a battery can even show proper voltage but still be going bad, by not supplying the needed current, the only way to test that is to load it...sorta what you are doing when many accessories are turned on...

Last edited by in2pro; September 13th, 2013 at 11:14 AM.