Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban LTZ Spindles

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2013, 8:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Suburban LTZ Spindles

We just recently purchased an 07 LTZ Suburban. I noticed after driving it for a few days and seeing the other suburbans that ours sat much lower. I just chalked it up to it being two wheel drive. I finally decided to crawl under it and look. Sure enough it had been lowered.

With that being said. I have ordered OEM front spindles and OEM rear springs and plan to remove all the lowering parts this weekend. The rear is obviously pretty straight forward swap springs and put shocks back in stock location.

The front will need the spindles swapped from the lowering ones. Looking at it it looks pretty straight forward as well since its a 2wd. Having never done spindles on a vehicle is there any pointers or things that make it more difficult than it looks.
Old April 30th, 2013, 1:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they're pretty straight forward...when tryin to "bust" the ball joints and tie rods out of the lowering spindles, use a rubber mallet and hit the side of the spindle, not the arms itself. And on the bottom of the ball joint, there is a spot for a L key to go in so you can loosen or tighten the joint up instead of stripping it out with channel locks or pliers