Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Chevy Tahoe NIGHTMARE!!!

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2013, 7:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Tahoe NIGHTMARE!!!

Hey guys, I am new here and think this is my first post... I have been looking over the forum for the past 2 weeks trying to figure out what my problem is but no one else has has this issue I guess or I haven't seen the post yet. Here goes, I have a 1998 Chevy Tahoe with the spider injection setup that I was trying to get to pass the NC state inspection. When I got the dreaded po300 Random Misfire code. It was needing a tune up so thats where I started.... Plugs, wires, cap and rotor... Nothing changed but still had po300.
I then changed the pre cat o2s, they have been flashing a code for 4 years. I also changed the egr valve before all this happened cause I had a check code. Cleaned MAS Sensor when it was still running. Now the biggie, I had a friend suggest the spider and I did some looking and saw the prices and I almost lost my mind. I am looking for a job and my wife is the only one taking care of the house so that was out of the question. I have till 4/26/13 to get it inspected due to my wife got a $245.00 ticket back in November 2012 driving it. We don't have the money for that either. So I went to my junk yard and they had just gotten in a 1998 Sub in that the owner drove it in there. So I took the intake apart seeing it was a running truck and thats what I did. Put it on my Tahoe it cranked up but it was fuel starving due to blockage in the fuel filter. I got a new filter and turned on the key and it was pouring fuel out of the fuel and return lines. Went to chevy dealer for the sleeve kit for $42.00. Now I'm wondering whats next. Put it back together and it wouldn't start. I pulled the spark plugs and they all were soaked with fuel. So I'm getting fuel there and getting spark but still wont crank, it tries but kills the battery every time I try it. I read about Hyrdolock and causes and thought my pcm was opening up the injectors and they are staying open ( fuel fouled plugs) but not sure. I went and got another pcm and did the relearn process and still wouldn't crank. I think it cause the pcm I tried came from a non 4x4 truck but not sure. Can anyone help???????????????? Please?????
Old April 13th, 2013, 9:26 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, gator101! Make sure to browse the forum for more info about your car and feel free to post any specific questions you have about your vehicle in the tech sections.
Old April 14th, 2013, 3:04 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks so much been trying to post and this was the first place I could post but I will find it.
Old April 14th, 2013, 7:28 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

gator101 Welcome to the forum
Here is the direct link to the Tahoe and Suburban threads
Tahoe & Suburban - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

I will move this post to that area....
Old April 16th, 2013, 8:02 PM
CF Beginner

Hey guys, got the Tahoe cranked just a little while ago. I installed another set of spark plugs again and first turn fired rite up. However the spider Installed from another truck ran but its flooding really bad and would stay running. So back to the drawing board, I guess I will just have to find the money to buy the new upgrade. Thanks again for the help..
Old April 22nd, 2013, 5:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default Update on 1998 Tahoe

Hey guys just an update, Tahoe is running but not good but running. I did the updated spider the other day, wasn't to expensive from Amazon. It was $234.00 then picked up gasket kit for the entire intake seeing it was bad. I found the distributor gears were almost sharp as a knife, so I changed it for another. Put the distributor in last night and it wouldn't crank, so I took the distributor out again and again and did I say again. Only to find that I wasn't getting any fire to the plugs again. I replaced the ICM and coil last Friday and now not working, strange still. Took it off and took it back to Advance Auto to have them check them. The computer said bad and they replaced both items. Reinstalled them again and it cranked rite up. I did have CEL po1345 and I was looking around here in the forum for more answers. Its running but bad but the idle was good. I saw that it might be in retard but I don't want to pull it out again. Any suggestions PLEASE!!! I have 2 days left to get it done. Thanks in advance..

Jerry "Gator101"
Old April 22nd, 2013, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

Just got the distributor in and its flooding really badly... Think I'm going crazy, can anyone chim in on this nightmare??
Old April 30th, 2013, 9:09 PM
CF Beginner

UPDATE!!!!!
I the tahoe up and running, took it over to my son's auto class to use their GENESIS computer and it was running at -39 degrees. Headache all day with it pulling the distributor in and out about 4 times. Finally got it rite and zeroed out, it was ok to run+/-2 degrees. However we got it to zero and it runs a lot better. Now just waiting on the computer to become ready for the ob2 inspection. I have driven it for a good distance but still not ready. I keep getting po131 and po151, then CEL comes on and the headache starts over again. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance...