Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban Oil Pressure Sensor

Old May 18th, 2016, 8:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AFM Lifters

Originally Posted by morbygoon
So after procrastinating on this forever I tackled the job today. Thanks for the write up. It was not easy but I think actual work time was around 45 minutes. I used a 27mm impact socket from Harbor Freight for less than $5. Could not find a better choice.
I installed switch part number 12616646 and the filter 12585328. I think the filter had a lot to do with the issue.
I had similar issue with the warning and found that keeping the oil changed every 3,000 miles and using a AC Delco filter worked for me. In the last couple of weeks however the switch stopped working at all and was always on 0. Had no warning message but DTC for switch was set.
I would recommend changing the filter as well if going thru the pain of changing the switch. I was only able to remove the filter but poking thru it with a pick I have and pulling it up and out. See picture of the filter, pretty nasty.
So after doing this less then a week later the truck develops a misfire. DTC P0300. I have a Tech 2 and could see cylinder #4 was missing. Swapped the coil, wire, and spark plug with cylinder 2, no change. Put a new injector in for cylinder 4 and no change. No compression so took it in to dealer.
Dealer said the lifters are bad. I have 162k miles and bad lifters. I wish GM would provide some help to customers for this issue. I had a Venture hit 196k miles without a lifter issue. My Astro van has 198k and no lifter issue. Truck should be ready today for just $2500+.
Old January 7th, 2017, 10:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

Jack,

I read your post. I struggled for hours trying to get the oil sensor off. I was using the special oil sensor socket. I'm happy to see your post. I will try the 3 inch deep socket. I'm going to check the oil filter as well. It seems like the oil pressure went dropped to zero after a oil change. I'm curious if something did not get adjusted correctly.
Old February 16th, 2018, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plastic hose

I was taking the fuel line and the black hard plastic tube off, to get them out of the way and I broke the plastic one. I can't seem to figure out what it is called, to get a replacement. It is approx 5/16 diameter, and has those locking clips with the white tab. Any help? Answer is it called?
Old February 17th, 2018, 9:22 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by morbygoon
So after procrastinating on this forever I tackled the job today. Thanks for the right up. It was not easy but I think actual work time was around 45 minutes. I used a 27mm impact socket from Harbor Freight for less than $5. Could not find a better choice.
I installed switch part number 12616646 and the filter 12585328. I think the filter had a lot to do with the issue.
I had similar issue with the warning and found that keeping the oil changed every 3,000 miles and using a AC Delco filter worked for me. In the last couple of weeks however the switch stopped working at all and was always on 0. Had no warning message but DTC for switch was set.
I would recommend changing the filter as well if going thru the pain of changing the switch. I was only able to remove the filter but poking thru it with a pick I have and pulling it up and out. See picture of the filter, pretty nasty.
Is this the filter assembly or the sensor?

Last edited by Suburban Dude; February 17th, 2018 at 9:29 AM.