Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban Service Stabilitrack-Traction Control and ABS

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2018, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Suburban Service Stabilitrack-Traction Control and ABS

Hello all,

I have a 2007 Suburban 5.3 Flex Fuel 4x4 with 240k miles. I use it everyday for work. Lately I have been getting the Service ABS light as well as Service Traction Control and Stabilitrack almost daily. I also have a code for a bad O2 sensor after the CAT. Last but not least I have a vibration when decelerating between 20-30mph with or without my foot on the brakes. However if I put the vehicle in Tow Mode it doesn't shake. I replaced the brake rotors and pads, balanced the tires and rotated them, new speed sensors, new O2 sensors and still have a check engine light on with the previous warnings. The code comes back faulty O2 sensor after the CAT on the drivers side. Also I get a code that comes and goes for a No Communication with Brake system. I am at a loss of where to start or what to try next. Are all of these symptoms related or do I have multiple issues that came all at once?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!
Philip B
Old November 13th, 2018, 3:04 PM
cj1
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Lately I have been getting the Service ABS light as well as Service Traction Control and Stabilitrack almost daily. "
This would be related to the no brake communications. O2 sensor would be a separate issue.

Can you post the actual error codes?
Old November 14th, 2018, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The codes I am getting are C0561, P0056, P0036 But that is it. All parts were bought from Rock Auto and are as follows:
Front Speed Sensors ACDELCO 22870821 {#15229012, 22740468} (Standard Replacement) GM Original Equipment
Rear Speed Sensors ACDELCO 20938122 (Standard Replacement) GM Original Equipment
O2 Sensors for after both Cats Denso 234-4112 Oxygen Sensor

I will go to O'reilly auto parts today and check for any other codes
Old November 14th, 2018, 11:36 AM
cj1
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BBB Industries- Premium Alternators, Starters, Power Steering Products | TSB's & Wiring Diagrams has schematic wiring for your vehicle.
For the O2 codes verify bat power( underhood O2-BSNSR 10 a fuse) to and from heater circuits to ECM
For C0561 verify power( underhood ABS fuses) /grounds to the EBCM

The O2 fix should be pretty straight forward.
The EBCM not communicating may be more complicated.
Verify 5v ref on EBCM is quick way to tell if it is ready to communicate.

Note: work the O2 sensor problem first.
Possible that ECM may shut off ABS/TRAC control when it has an O2 sensor code.