Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe 4WDBrand new rear shocks loose on mounting bolt.

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2018, 2:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe 4WDBrand new rear shocks loose on mounting bolt.

Hi all,

I'm new here I just replaced ALL of the shocks/springs on my Tahoe a couple of weeks ago.
I used the correct ACDelco parts. However, the new rear shocks are loose on the upper mounting bolt. The mount and bolt ARE NOT loose, the upper shock mounting hole seems like it's way too big and just wobbles around the bolt. This makes driving very annoying because there is a constant rattle in the rear suspension.

I verified the issue by climbing under the rear and watching the top of the shock bounce around on the mounting bolt as I pushed up and down on the frame.

Any suggestions? The old shocks didn't do this...
I am thinking about just returning them and putting on a different brand but wanted to check here first before going to all that trouble.

thanks.
Old February 17th, 2018, 3:26 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

How does the upper end on the new ones compared to the old ones? Was there supposed to be a rubber bushing in them? Not sure how they're mounted on the current Tahoes but the rear shock upper ends used to be bolted directly to the mount and the lower end had the rubber bushing in it.
Old February 20th, 2018, 3:47 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Off the top of my head I would suspect that the nut and bolt are not tight enough, or the hole that the bolt passes through is too big, the bolt should just fit in the shock mounting hole...
Old February 18th, 2020, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Tahoe rear shocks

I have the same issue, and verified bolts part number with dealerships and is just the bolt to the frame.

I am doing bushings to fit the frame and close the elongated holes, hopefully will work.

If somebody has done different repair plese posted, Thanks!

QUOTE=zach323;352968]Hi all,

I'm new here I just replaced ALL of the shocks/springs on my Tahoe a couple of weeks ago.
I used the correct ACDelco parts. However, the new rear shocks are loose on the upper mounting bolt. The mount and bolt ARE NOT loose, the upper shock mounting hole seems like it's way too big and just wobbles around the bolt. This makes driving very annoying because there is a constant rattle in the rear suspension.

I verified the issue by climbing under the rear and watching the top of the shock bounce around on the mounting bolt as I pushed up and down on the frame.

Any suggestions? The old shocks didn't do this...
I am thinking about just returning them and putting on a different brand but wanted to check here first before going to all that trouble.

thanks.[/QUOTE]