Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe dash rattle

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2008, 1:50 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 tahoe dash rattle

Does anyone have a rattle in their dashboard when you go over bumps? Its definently on the passenger side, and was wondering if anyone else has this problem.
Old January 5th, 2008, 2:11 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: 2007 tahoe dash rattle

I feel for you buddy...rattles are hard to find. I have isolated a lot of mine and solved, unfortunately for you, none in the dash. Things I have found that rattled:

1. Retractor springs for front seatbelts...had to remove paneling and 'insulate' housing with sponges and duct tape.
2. Three housing in 2nd row that hold pivots for folding seats (bench only). Wedged towel between housings and sides of seat to tighten them up and use zip ties to tighten sides of housing
3. And worst of all...2nd row driver side seat....window was 'creaking' against trim...silicone spray the heck out of rubber trim.
4. Arm rests....when you put your arm on them...the plastic on back of arm rest creaked like crazy. Silicone spray the heck between arm rest housing and metal door.

Good luck....rattles are hard to isolate.....do what GM recommends, turn up your stereo....HEHEHEHHEE...good luck!
Old January 5th, 2008, 11:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do have rattle noises from here and there too, but main one is from the dash on the driver side. When I push palm of my hand on top of the front portion of the dash it goes away. I have not figured out how to fix it yet. MCF34 has bright ideas for using zip tie, wedged towel, duct tape, sponge, and silicone spray. Thank you MCF34. I will give them a shot.
Old January 5th, 2008, 11:07 PM
CF Beginner

I don't know about speed humps but whenever I'm playing a CD or my iPod and the bass is turned up a bit, my doors and armrests lightly rattle on both sides. It's always noticeable when the music is playing so I'm starting to get annoyed, same problems?
Old January 6th, 2008, 10:05 AM
CF Active Member

The armrests took me forever to figure out...it is on the rear of the armrest....if you open the door and push down on the armrest, you can see the back flexing where the two pieces come together and rubbing against the metal door...I just took a small hobby type flat screwdriver and wedged it between the plastic and metal slightly separating them and spraying silicone spray....remove screwdriver, press down on armrest..if still squeaks, repeat until no squeak...hehehe.
Old February 26th, 2008, 8:53 PM
CF Beginner

ha, . . . . .niceeeeee
Old February 27th, 2008, 1:28 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes the pax side dash rattle can be caused by the transmission dipstick tube being pushed reward (against the firewall) by contact with an engine wire harness bundle or the tube can be in contact with the metal rear heater lines.
In either case it can be corrected by either moving the objects away or bending the dipstick tube slightly to make clearance.
Old February 29th, 2008, 8:55 AM
CF Beginner

My '00 Yukon was plagued with several annoying rattles as well. The worst one was in the center console - the flip-up cd storage bin. I ended up putting -- are you ready for this -- carpet padding in there to keep it from squeaking and rattling. But hey, it fixed it. I've also had a few in my door panels, silicone spray on the rubber and the adhesive foam-backed weatherstripping that you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot do wonders for that. I would wedge the door panel out slightly, and stuff in the foam weatherstripping, then trim the edge with an xacto knife. That helped a lot.

My dash squeaks once in a while, thankfully it's not often. I'm not sure how I'd fix a dash rattle. I'm getting ready to upgrade to an '08 Tahoe, hopefully it won't be plagued by rattles and squeaks because they drive me insane. But I'm not holding my breath. After all, we're talking about Tahoes, not Toyota Land Cruisers But there's no damn way I'm paying $65,000 for a LC just to have a car that doesn't squeak.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:55 AM
CF Junior Member

No squeaks or rattles here!!!! (knock on wood) At least not yet. 17k+ in squeak/rattle free driving [sm=yeahsmile.gif]
Old March 3rd, 2008, 3:37 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Mine just developed a rattle behind the instrument cluster and under the dash. Can make it happen by tapping the top of the dash above the cluster also. []

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe dash rattle