Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Dashed CRACKED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2011, 12:50 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

I am so happy i found this site... I know I am not alone.... my husband seen a crack in my dash a few months back and RAISED the roof with me as to what had happen to dash... I am all of 5'2" so the crack was obscured by the steering wheel, so I had NO clue as to what he was talking about I only had at the time 46,000 miles. Paying 50+ grand for a vehicle is crazy, but I have said you get what you paid for. I am now wondering WHAT is going on. At what price point do I need to be at for this not to happen?
No surprise the GM dealer "you are out of warranty, it will cost you... <O></O>
WELL I thought I PAID... for quality!!! WHAT to do????
<O></O>
I have FIVE Chevy's ...Corvette, Silverado, Tahoe, and 2 Cobalt's, let me say… I have owed 7 others before these.<O></O>
Wondering if I need to make a change? I feel like I have been KICKED by Chevrolet! Does anyone know if GM has stepped up and checked into this problem? I have seen more and a few issues with the dash problem on here and other sites as well.<O></O>
<O>Thanks </O>
<O>Shannon</O<O</O

please read through this post to get more information
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...cracked-26133/

basically go to a few dealerships if needed, keep pushing and do not take "you are out of warranty". I got mine replaced for a $200 fee w/o any hastle at all and that is about as good as you will get. If you are lucky you may get it for less, some have paid a bit more also. Very little chance you will get a new one for free since it is out of warranty and technically the dash is a "trim" piece.
good luck

Last edited by in2pro; April 7th, 2011 at 5:14 PM. Reason: covered topic