Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

cracked dash replaced in 2007 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2010, 11:41 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cracked dash replaced in 2007 Tahoe

ok I thought to put in a new blank thread if anyone has any questions vs weeding through the few long ones we have or trying to piece it together.
a few weeks ago we noticed a loud pop when driving, sounded like a rock hit the windshield. a few days later I notced a crack from the back of the passenger airbag toward the windshield.
I called my local dealership - El Dorado Chevrolet in McKinney, TX.
w/o looking at it he said they would replace for a flat $200 deductable charge that is standard if you have an extended GM warranty (I do not)
our 07 had 56000 miles at the time also. If your dealer says they have not heard of this issue they are 100% lying. It is well known.

I also filed a claim with GM customer service and was told it was up to the dealership if they replaced for free or not. I settled that the $200 was fair to replace this big of a piece out of warranty.

the new one has a slightly different feel (slightly softer) and color vs the back strip right against the windshield. The new one is a little bit more dull. if any of you are very **** you may want to price replacing the back piece at the same time so it all matches.

PM me with any other questions
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for the follow up!